Honored Contributor

Dooney & Bourke VS I Love Dooney

What is the difference between the two?  They both have a zip zip that I am interested in.  One is an extra 25% off ILD is 20% but the total difference between the two is .17cents.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke VS I Love Dooney

I think  I Love Dooney handles excess stock.   I Love Dooney bags are always on sale.  Sometimes prices are really good.  Sometimes limited choice of colors.  I have purchased from them and had positive experience, even had to return one with no problem at all.  

Honored Contributor

I have purchased from both sites in the past.  I also think I Love Dooney sells Overstock, discontinued colors and excess items. The items are in pristine condition.

Sign up for e-mail to get further discounts to ILD. They have some  really good extra discounts by e-mail notifications .  Returns are easy.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I Love Dooney made it possible for me to own 5 beautiful handbags.  I have been very pleased with al of my purchases.  I can't afford QVC's prices for them. 

BRADSDEALS frequently has deals with special codes for I Love Dooney.  Subscribe for their daily emails.  I bought all of my handbags that way.

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought more than a few handbags from I Love Dooney.

The handbags are new and in pristine condition.  And free shipping is a bonus.  

Honored Contributor

Since the difference in price is pennies I may just go with the offical D&B site.  I have ordered from ILD in the past because it was a huge price difference.  Thanks for all of your responses!! 

Respected Contributor

@Pecky The Dooney website also offers DooneyPay on many items, which the ILD site does not.

Honored Contributor

ILD is the sale site for Dooney.  My experience is that it is close-out and/or extra inventory.  I don't want to say outlet because that implies seconds, and I don't believe they sell seconds.

I have found the CS at ILD is better than the CS at the regular Dooney website.

New Contributor

ILD is directly affiliated with Dooney.com and carries only last-year's (and prior) styles, all new.  They disclose this on their site.   I have bought a ton of bags from them.   I typically only buy at Dooney during the 12 Days of Dooney (typically starts Thanksgiving weekend) when you get incredible prices.   2 years ago I stocked up on 10 crossbodies that way in just that one week.    ILD has been awesome, though, and I always go there first.    I haven't bought a Dooney from QVC in years due to ILD and then Dooney's annual 12-day event.  TSV's aren't worth it - I'll admit that's how I initially converted from Coach to all Dooney, but TSV's truly are not a real value given the other options out there.  Not even close anymore.  Then again, i rarely buy anything via QVC anymore in the last 3-5 years,  and I used to be a heavy QVC shopper.   There are just tons more places nowwadays online to get the exact same things at far better prices.   And don't forget Zulily (affiliated with QVC) for events on Dooney, Earth, just tons of brands -- if you don't mind waiting easily 4-6 weeks for your stuff.   I regularly shop Zulily, and the prices make the wait worth it and it's an easy way to get familiar with brands and products and even styles you otherwise would not.  And I've never had any problems with returns at all.

New Contributor

@PH58 wrote:

I Love Dooney made it possible for me to own 5 beautiful handbags.  I have been very pleased with al of my purchases.  I can't afford QVC's prices for them. 

BRADSDEALS frequently has deals with special codes for I Love Dooney.  Subscribe for their daily emails.  I bought all of my handbags that way.

Thanks for the tip, PH58!   I just signed up since it appears this could benefit me in a lot of places too.

For the last year I've been using Swagbucks which also supports Kohls, Zulily, Gap, OldNavy, ILD, Dooney, QVC, you name it, on and on.   In the last year that way I accumulated about $500 in visa and amazon gift cards.  Of course I turned around and spent them all at Amazon... ha ha.

Also, when you add the swagbucks add-on to your browser it also goes out and looks for any available coupons and tells you (and in some cases automatically cycles through them and applies them for you to get the best deal), in addition to giving you x% back in your swagbucks account.   It's been great.

Final note, my son told me this and it worked -- if you have visa gift cards with a few bucks left on them, you can use them at amazon toward amazon gift cards.   At Amazon, you can use as many amazon gift cards as you need in the same transaction.    Wish I'd known that a long time ago.