Super Contributor

Dooney is way behind the times...and it's SAD ! They need to get out of the 20th Century, and offer us wallets with *protective security*. Their wallets/ wristlets are pathetic and the prices are outrageous ! Somebody at the Company needs to realize this...and step up to The Plate and offer this !

Honored Contributor

@maryebrown wrote:

Dooney is way behind the times...and it's SAD ! They need to get out of the 20th Century, and offer us wallets with *protective security*. Their wallets/ wristlets are pathetic and the prices are outrageous ! Somebody at the Company needs to realize this...and step up to The Plate and offer this !

I agree, @maryebrown. They should offer this option for those who want it. But think of how much MORE expensive these items would be than they already are! And all they're doing is putting in a lining similar to aluminum foil.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Delise, was it a huge deal for you? Did you spend a lot of time and effort on it? 

Mine was was taken off a website where I have it stored. AMEX called me, asked me ?s and promptly took care of it. Didn't really affect me one bit. Just the one quick phone call, so I no longer worry about it. Not gonna spend my money trying to outsmart crooks, just my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

I got something I think is good from Travelon.  It is a purse organizer that has rfid protection and can just sit your nice wallets inside of it and have them be protected.  I have had one for awhile and just ordered a larger size.  I don't know if I really need it for any of my cards but it makes me feel better and as a bonus it is a great purse organizer and makes it easy to switch bags.  I got it from the e-bags website.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:

I agree, @maryebrown. They should offer this option for those who want it. But think of how much MORE expensive these items would be than they already are! And all they're doing is putting in a lining similar to aluminum foil.

My DH and I went to a Christmas Concert last December. We wrapped our CC's in aluminum foil, within our wallets, during the trip (an overnight stay, and shopping at an outlet the next day before we came home).  It seems that many Young Folks just "hang out" glued to their phones (and 'doing' who knows what?). Their favorite places are the grocery stores, where I would be shopping, and I don't want my CC skimmed...I always check my bank online, daily, for charges.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I went to a Christmas Concert last December. We wrapped our CC's in aluminum foil, within our wallets, during the trip (an overnight stay, and shopping at an outlet the next day before we came home).  It seems that many Young Folks just "hang out" glued to their phones (and 'doing' who knows what?). Their favorite places are the grocery stores, where I would be shopping, and I don't want my CC skimmed...I always check my bank online, daily, for charges.

I'm confused.  Are you saying that there are "young folks" hanging out at the grocery store of all places, waiting to skim your credit card??????? What makes you think that's what they are doing?  I mean, that would never occur to me, so I'm assuming they must have been doing something to make you think they were up to no good?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
New Contributor
It happened to us at a Fast food restaurant out of state. Sadly there are folks out there that don't mind stealing. It's very sad. I did order RFID and I'm glad I did. I feel safer at this point.
Respected Contributor

Delise...  I bought the cards that I slip into my current wallet.  They are slim and take up no space. Slim chance maybe, but I'm not taking it.   I gave my girlfriend a crossbody with the RFID feature since she is constantly traveling around the world and she was thrilled.  I guess it's always going to be an individual decision on how cautious or concerned you are.