Honored Contributor

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Toscana Side Zip

[ Edited ]

THIS is one gorgeous bag.  Quality materials, manufactured well, very high end and in a lot of ways better in style and structure than some of the high end designer bags I've had in the past.  

The leather slide closure is easy to operate (I've had one before that closed like this and never had a problem, can close it with one hand not looking.... The handles are not ringed and don't get in the way (I like them) .  The strap that everyone complains about is comfortable and convenient and the type of strap that is routinely used on some Louis Vuitton styles and can be clipped off.  I will use a shoulder strap, but tend to carry satchels over my arm.

The interior is outstanding.  Yes, it's an expensive bag but I rotate my handbags out (by selling them on eBay) and just rotated this one in (in Natural).  Many complain about scratches on this leather.  Use a good leather conditioner (like Apple) and yes, you can rub the scratches out (as they advertise).

This bag is on sale right now (also on sale "as is") both at a great price!  If interested:

Item number is: A283095

As is number is:  A290627

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Florentine Toscana Side Zip

@Q4u

I agree with you, that is a gorgeous bag! I especially love the 'Ginger' color.

I don't have it though (....sniff!) since I'm retired now and tend to use smaller DB styles more often and still have a lot of larger DB bags that are still in perfect condition.

I have several older Florentine bags with that canvas strap and it is soooo comfortable, especially on 'older shoulders', LOL!

I don't think it cheapens the look of the bags at all, but that's just my opinion and as you said, it can be removed if you don't care for it.

Glad you're lovin' yours!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you, I agree and I almost got the Ginger color, it's incredible as a matter of fact I had to cancel that order when my first pick (Natural) came back in stock.  I love the Florentine leather..... 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u

I love the natural color too and have many florentine bags in natural. My second color love is chestnut.

Florentine is my favorite leather too, although I have a few in all weather leather, for those rainy days!

I agree about the Apple conditioner....great stuff!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

D&B Florentine makes me drool...wish the company would bring more smaller styles. Retired lifestyle isn't in need of large heavy duty multi functional handbag. Classic simple with outside pocket.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Q4u

I don't have it though (....sniff!) since I'm retired now and tend to use smaller DB styles more often and still have a lot of larger DB bags that are still in perfect condition.

I have several older Florentine bags with that canvas strap and it is soooo comfortable, especially on 'older shoulders', LOL!

I don't think it cheapens the look of the bags at all, but that's just my opinion and as you said, it can be removed if you don't care for it.

Hi @Q4u and @KingstonsMom   I REALLY Heart this bag.. especially in Bordeaux, Espresso and Ginger.   But I am not thrilled with the canvas shoulder strap.   I would have preferred it if it was in leather.  However it is still a lovely bag.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Q4u

Hi @Q4u and @KingstonsMom   I REALLY Heart this bag.. especially in Bordeaux, Espresso and Ginger.   But I am not thrilled with the canvas shoulder strap.   I would have preferred it if it was in leather.  However it is still a lovely bag.  

And I think that's the reason it's on sale right now, that D & B didn't expect the reaction that Q customers had with the strap, which was strong.  I think that they'll probably come out with another style and perhaps include a leather strap.... but I think they'd be wise (because of how high end the bag is) that the leather strap be something really special, maybe even with padding at the top, adjustability and NOT the generic thin leather strap that they have been including with practically everything.

@KingstonsMom - I have one Florentine in Chestnut and it's also one of my favorite bags (it's a satchel and I forget the style) but it's also a near perfect bag (for me)..... 

Respected Contributor

I've lusted after this bag for months now.  The only thing that held me back was the handles because they don't go down, but I couldn't get passed the clearance sale price.  I purchased it in the Expresso.  Always did want a good brown color for a satchel.  I can't wait to get this beauty.  I haven't purchased a dooney in quite some time due to the weight of their bags.  This one is only a lb and a few ounces so will see how heavy it will be after it's all loaded up. 

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I've lusted after this bag for months now.  The only thing that held me back was the handles because they don't go down, but I couldn't get passed the clearance sale price.  I purchased it in the Expresso.  Always did want a good brown color for a satchel.  I can't wait to get this beauty.  I haven't purchased a dooney in quite some time due to the weight of their bags.  This one is only a lb and a few ounces so will see how heavy it will be after it's all loaded up. 

@Blingqueen023 Hi there! Woman Very Happy I do remember you liking that bag when it came out! So glad you were able to get it at the clearance sale price! I hope you enjoy it and do come back and tell us what you think when you get it. I'm sure it will be a winner! How are you feeling? Thinking of you, EEL Heart

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 Hi there! Woman Very Happy I do remember you liking that bag when it came out! So glad you were able to get it at the clearance sale price! I hope you enjoy it and do come back and tell us what you think when you get it. I'm sure it will be a winner! How are you feeling? Thinking of you, EEL Heart

@EdithEllenLily Hi there you cutie pie you!  I went back and forth for a while over this handbag.  I sure didn't want to pay 500 dollars or it. Thank goodness it went on clearance.  They even had an "as is" on this bag for even less money, but I just didn't want to take a chance on that.  I want mine new, lol   Every time I saw that bag I was drooling.  lol  I love it in all the colors too.  I thought the expresso was the best color to order it in.  Looks very classic and expensive in that color.  I'm anxious to get it.  I probably won't use the strap though.  

I feel fabulous lately.  I'm off the chemo therapy, and the lymphoma is completely gone.  Now, I only have to see the Oncologist once a month now.   I still have a hysterectomy looming over me, but I haven't had any more symptoms to warrant one since I was on chemo.  I'm not sure if I really need that or not.  I need to go back to my gyn doc and have some tests done to see if that's still warranted.  It may not be.  The chemo may have killed off the precancerous cells.  We'll see.  I'm forever grateful to have that lymphoma gone.  Hope everything is well with you and your family.  Will let you know how that bag is when I get it.  I may have it delivered on Thhursday.  I'll post.  Thanks for thinking about me.  I've been busy working and need to get back in the groove here.  Enjoy the upcoming weekend you cutie.