Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Florentine Barlow in new colors!

Beautiful and classic

Large Zip Barlow

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise, Enjoy your new handbag. Isn't it exciting to find a handbag you like a lot on sale? I really like the barlow. I have one in white patent. It is a beauty. 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise

We think alike! I also have two Florentine bristols from three or four years ago.  It was Gone for awhile and I see that it's back on QVC. Total classic style. It'll never go out of style. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the notice, I love this bag!

Have it in Red and Elephant, Have to go shopping now.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Hi, @Susan Louise -- this is by far one of my favorite bags of Dooney & Bourke.  As for color, I think taupe/mushroom is my favorite.  But, the sage is very intriguing!  Especially when I read the comment mentioning that it could be a year-round color.

I'm hoping they'll still have some around during the next sale.  Since I'm not sure of the particular shade of sage (having not seen it in-person before), I'll probably wait to read reviews.  Still thinking on it, though!   It looks beautiful in the photos!!

Have a great weekend, too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

Hi, @Susan Louise -- this is by far one of my favorite bags of Dooney & Bourke.  As for color, I think taupe/mushroom is my favorite.  But, the sage is very intriguing!  Especially when I read the comment mentioning that it could be a year-round color.

I'm hoping they'll still have some around during the next sale.  Since I'm not sure of the particular shade of sage (having not seen it in-person before), I'll probably wait to read reviews.  Still thinking on it, though!   It looks beautiful in the photos!!

Have a great weekend, too!

@Julie_23  D&B might restock, but no guarantees. There was a couple of times I had postponed getting a bag for one reason or another and lost out. The 1st was a D&B 'tomato' bristol satchel which was a TSV. When it sold out 1st that day, it never came back...no joke! I even asked Susan Clifton on her FB page 3+ yrs ago and she thought it would return, but it didn't...here's a pic of it...

tomato.jpg

Then I tried getting the D&B solid sage bristol satchel (I posted a pic of earlier in this thread)...same thing...as the saying goes, you snooze, blah, blah, blah...LOL

Some colors D&B seem to make bagillions of, and other colors in limited quantities. For whatever reason, those colors made in limited quantities rarely, if ever are made again.

Based on that, I just didn't want to risk losing out on the new sage barlow. I just checked and there are only 8 left of the sage last time I checked.

They did have a new color 'mushroom' you mentioned but it sold out. For me, that color is too light a shade. The other new color is crimson...to me, it's like a tad lighter than the D&B wine shade.

Enjoy your holiday! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

Thank you for the notice, I love this bag!

Have it in Red and Elephant, Have to go shopping now.

@Drythe

Hello, and you are welcome! Hope you got yours...there is a limited quantity left in the sage and the 20% off with FREE S&H ends today too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those that had their eye on the elephant lg zip barlow, it is on sale now at D&B dot com for $343  Smiley Happy

And very limited quantity left in the sage for those interested...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOOT! My sage barlow is on the way...should have it by Saturday. It's been awhile since I was so excited about getting a handbag...LOL

Below is the pic/image that sold me on the color sage...LOVE!!!  llls0251.gif

FYI...looks like there are a very limited # left in stock and HU...the 20% off is still showing up at D&B dot com (for those interested)  Smiley Happy

sage.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG! A mere few short hours and my new bag will be here. It was scheduled for an early delivery today instead of tomorrow...chomping at the bit...LOL

I'll post a pic of it when I unbox it  Smiley Very Happy