Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Brenna Satchel

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise, I haven't purchased a Dooney bag in a couple of years now for various reasons, however...I just adore the Dooney Brenna in the bone, grey/elephant, black, wine, (you get the picture)! lol What strikes me about the bag is the organizaton with those pockets on each side..so perfect for my reading glasses on one side and my phone on the other. 

I hope you have many years of enjoyment with your new Brenna(s). Smiley Happy 

@LIG1  Thank you!  As for the 2 side pockets, the side pocket with the slip pocket inside I put my huge fit over sunglasses and my 16 yr old flip phone in the slip pocket. In the other side pocket is my keys,and the little bonus accessory bag which I put the strap extension strap for changing it to crossbody when I need to use it Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise, I haven't purchased a Dooney bag in a couple of years now for various reasons, however...I just adore the Dooney Brenna in the bone, grey/elephant, black, wine, (you get the picture)! lol What strikes me about the bag is the organizaton with those pockets on each side..so perfect for my reading glasses on one side and my phone on the other. 

@LIG1  Thank you!  As for the 2 side pockets, the side pocket with the slip pocket inside I put my huge fit over sunglasses and my 16 yr old flip phone in the slip pocket. In the other side pocket is my keys,and the little bonus accessory bag which I put the strap extension strap for changing it to crossbody when I need to use it Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise~ oh, how nice..those side pockets seem even larger than I thought they might be. I'm seriously thinking about giving Dooney another try, and this would be that bag! Thanks for the details on just how much each of those side pockets can hold, although I don't have my flip phone any longer lol (loved it) ..I do have a large 5.5" screen phone. And btw, I always carry two pair of reading glasses, especially since I have such a bad habit of leaving one in the grocery cart. lol 

I'll have to let you know when I decide to take the plunge! I hope I'm as thrilled as you are with yours!

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise~ oh, how nice..those side pockets seem even larger than I thought they might be. I'm seriously thinking about giving Dooney another try, and this would be that bag! Thanks for the details on just how much each of those side pockets can hold, although I don't have my flip phone any longer lol (loved it) ..I do have a large 5.5" screen phone. And btw, I always carry two pair of reading glasses, especially since I have such a bad habit of leaving one in the grocery cart. lol 

I'll have to let you know when I decide to take the plunge! I hope I'm as thrilled as you are with yours!

@LIG1  The side pockets are certainly larger than I thought too! I just added a small pk of Kleenex to the side pocket with the accessory bag that holds the extension strap and my keys...fits perfectly!

You could easily have 2 pairs of reading glasses on one side...and each in their own case...AND still have room for a couple of other quick grab things Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise~ oh wow, I didn't think the pocket would hold my glasses in their cases, thanks for that tip! I never used to give things like organization a second thought when buying a bag, but it's a "must have" when I consider a bag now. Thanks again!Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I love the Brenna.  I have it in Forest Green and Elephant!  I have been looking at the Burnt Orange and the Heather too!  Just can't decide between the two colors - they are both gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own five of the Brenna bags (caramel, red, midnight, black, melon) because I love them so much for the style, the function and the type of leather. They remind me of the old Dooneys that I first fell in love with in the 1980s. I love the handle, which is mostly what I use, but I absolutely love the strap because it's not too heavy or too thick so it so easily goes over my shoulder when I need to toss it over my shoulder if for instance I am shopping at the grocery store and need to be hands-free to grab something. So to me the width of the strap is absolutely perfect and highly functional. If I wear the bag crossbody it's very easy with the slim strap and fits perfectly.  I have some Dooney bags that have a bigger wider beefier straps and I do not like them as well and find that they also are visually intrusive. I don't understand the complaints.  But I respect that it is simply a personal choice issue and that there is no right or wrong in terms of the design. I just find the handles great and the variable strap length and slim width very functional for the way I use it. 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Thank you everyone for your replies...I just ordered the bag in 'midnight blue'...

I really like the organization. One of the side pockets will hold my huge fit-over sunglasses and my 16 yr old flip phone will go in that small pocket. 

Trying to keep those sunglasses in any other outside pocket of a handbag it sticks out like a sore thumb...LOL

This might just be my go-to bag like for a lot of other ladies Smiley Happy

I guess I replied about the strap after you wrote this, but I hope you love your bag. I wrote that I have five of them because I love the look, the quality, and the function with those ease-to-access pockets. I also bought the florentine Barlow bag withnthevsame undulating look and pocket design. No more digging around to find something inside my bag!