Highlighted
New Contributor

Dooney & Bourke Bag designed for Conceal and Carry

Sue,  will Peter Dooney consider making a bag for us girls that love Dooney bags but also like to conceal and carry.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Bag designed for Conceal and Carry

I am willing to bet he would lose quite a bit of business if he did that. There are many purses designed for that purpose as well as pouches you can add to your purse. I know; I own them.

Honored Contributor

I ran into a bunch of bags for guns accidently when I was looking for something else on Amazon.  Carrying a firearm would soon ruin most bags because of the weight.  My DH was a deputy sheriff and he asked me to put his pistol in my handbag one night when we were out.  Wow, that thing was HEAVY.  I told him he could carry the handbag if he wanted the pistol in it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 so did he?

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar  Are you Kidding?  REAL deputies don't carry purses.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

His pistol in your purse?

That's the craziest thing i've ever heard.

Why couldn't he carry it?

And if he needs it, he has to rifle through your purse??

Doesn't even make sense

@Kachina624 wrote:

I ran into a bunch of bags for guns accidently when I was looking for something else on Amazon.  Carrying a firearm would soon ruin most bags because of the weight.  My DH was a deputy sheriff and he asked me to put his pistol in my handbag one night when we were out.  Wow, that thing was HEAVY.  I told him he could carry the handbag if he wanted the pistol in it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I so wish he would

The handbags I find for conceal carry are OK.   But I would rather have a Dooney.

My pistol is not huge or heavy, it fits in my Small Lexington nicely but I have to remove it to use it.    Which of course I hope I never have to do.

@sykespr wrote:

Sue,  will Peter Dooney consider making a bag for us girls that love Dooney bags but also like to conceal and carry.

Valued Contributor

I have found the canceal and carry bags are ether western or large and clunky.  I'd love a feminime handbag that doesn't look like I am carring.   I have a Tig. bag with a zipper on the side I thought would be good for slipping your hand in, but it wasn't secure enough.  I think someone is missing out on a good product.

Respected Contributor

Experts actually advise women who need serious protection to carry on their bodies, not in snatch-able purses, briefcases, etc. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't you just see someone like Mary Beth demonstrating a handbag and showing how you can stash your pistol in it?  Oh, the image that evolks.