Super Contributor

Dooney aficionados please help..

Can anyone tell me the collection this bag came from. I just scored it on eBay for $210 NWT. It said retail value $550. I wanted to see if I could find accessories to match. I looked here on the Q and can't seem to find anything that looks the same.  Thanks ladies for your help._20151014_095730.JPG_20151014_095706.JPG

Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney aficionados please help..

Looks like Montecatini Medium Shopper..still listed on the Dooney website. Beautiful bag. Enjoy!

Super Contributor

Thank you. I was able to put in montecatini in Dooney search bar to find it. It won't come up under collections. I got it in brown. It doesn't look like they make that color anymore. I was hoping to find a wristlet but it looks like they only made 2 bags in this collection. Thanks again for finding it for me.
Valued Contributor

No problem. I don't think they made Montecatini accessories but maybe you will find something from another collection that complements the bag. You really got a great deal.  I belive the Montecatini bags are made in Italy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check out the accessories in the Florentine leather.  You might find something that would go reasonably well with your lovely new handbag.  Another alternative is the Alto line, which is also made in Italy.  Alto is a very smooth leather but more structured than the Montecatini.

Super Contributor

I will, thank you. I just received my bag today and its actually black not brown but OMG it is the most gorgeous Dooney and Bourke I've ever seen. The leather smells amazing, its the most light weight leather ever. The red lining is a thicker/ more substantial cotton than the other red linings in Florentine bags. There is no key keeper which is fine by me because I'm not a fan of the newer key keepers Dooney is doing anyway. Oh and this bag can fit over the shoulder too. I've already gathered up all my Dooneys and I'm taking them to clothes mentor to get some money back out of them because I never wanna switch bags again. I got such an amazing deal, but to be honest this bag is definitely worth the $550. Price tag.

Respected Contributor

shiloh:  Glad your new handbag is such a success.  Enjoy wearing it.