Respected Contributor

Dooney - You should make Printed Leather Handbags!

I think a great new line for Dooney would be printed leather handbags from Italy - lovely florals and other muted prints.  I did say "MUTED."  I think there is a wonderful market for this type of bag.  Think Patricia Nash.  Muted soft cabbags roses for carry on bags (early 20th Century), and carpet bags.  Great satchels and drawstrings, and saddle bags.  You could give it a romantic name such as Dooney Venizia line, etc.  I know I would purchase these handbags with the great Dooney craftmanship, excellent leather,  and dedication to detail! Think about it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney - You should make Printed Leather Handbags!

To each her own, but, "Ewwww." I avoid Patricia Nash and Brahmin because of printed florals  or heavily embossed "faux critter" looks. That's just my personal taste. I look for great leather, which speaks for itself with no adornment needed. Plus, printed and heavily embossed designs are a way for mfgs to hide lower quality leathers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

To each her own, but, "Ewwww." I avoid Patricia Nash and Brahmin because of printed florals  or heavily embossed "faux critter" looks. That's just my personal taste. I look for great leather, which speaks for itself with no adornment needed. Plus, printed and heavily embossed designs are a way for mfgs to hide lower quality leathers.

Agreed. I’m so over Brahmin with their croc embossed bags and strange color combinations. I have some of theirs from a few years ago that I still like before they went nuts with tri tones and odd color combos. Patricia Nash is another one that doesn’t interest me. Stiff leather and weird designs or heavy tooling on the bags. I have returned to Dooney for my bags in the past six months because I also like a decent leather bag that isn’t big enough to use as a carry on luggage that is plain and not over the top. Yesterday as I was getting my hair cut all three of us in the salon had  a different Dooney bag.  I don’t buy bags in colors anyway, instead I only buy blacks and browns.

Honored Contributor

I guess my thought is that I like SOME of the bags offered by all three of the brands mentioned above... and am quite fine with selecting bags from each of them that match whatever I might be seeking. I see no reason why any one brand should offer options that are already available elsewhere... For me, Dooney need not be all things to all people... 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I would prefer Dooney to make different lines because I find their craftsmanship far superior to any other handbag line!