Super Contributor

Has anyone used the Dooney trade in program recently? I was wondering if the program is still active. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

Has anyone used the Dooney trade in program recently? I was wondering if the program is still active. Thanks.

I didn't know that such a program exists.  Will research this.

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor

For anyone interested ... I checked with Dooney CS ... they do still have their trade-in program.

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz

Compare their trade ins to similar pre-owned bags on ebay.  It's like buying a new car.   Maybe the trade in price is good, but you may get a better deal selling the car on your own.

Honored Contributor

I think part of it too is whether you want to trade in for another Dooney bag or you simply want money for a bag you no longer want... The trade in option is probably easier and with less muss and fuss if you simply want another Dooney, but I also think you have a limited time to use your trade in 'credit' and you might also have to trade in for something in a certain price range. I'm not sure as I've never used the program.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

For anyone interested ... I checked with Dooney CS ... they do still have their trade-in program.

Thanks so much @Wahoogaz.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

That's why I love this board   So, often something will cross my mind and then...poof...it's gone..lol   Then someone will ask a question that brings it back to me.  I was looking at my bag collection last week, I have 3 Dooneys that I never carry anymore.  They are in great condition and I was wondering about the trade-in.  Great to hear that they are still doing that.  I'll have to visit their site for the particulars.  Mama wants a green bag for spring...

Respected Contributor

@Wahoogaz @chrystaltree @itiswhatitis @stevieb & all

I used it to purchase my favorite Florentine leather Dooney a year ago. I now own the $500 Barlow! Turned in a bag I had never used and was just sitting on the shelf.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 3.57.18 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Do they allow you to turn in more than one bag toward the purchase of another?  I have a few I'd like to dump and replace with the Florentine Barlow.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney Trade In?

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon: No, I don't think so. I turned in a high-end Dooney that I bought at the Dooney outlet for much less. Got credit for the full price, so it worked for me. 

As I understand the rules, you always end up paying 1/2 the price of a new bag you want.