Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV on March 4th is the Maddie Saffiano Shopper!

@Katcat1 wrote:

No, thank you.  The leather is stiff, the two tone has seen it's day.  The price is too high.  I can go to Kate Spade when they have a great sale and get soft pebble leather at a great price.  $350 down to $120, etc.  I bet this Dooney weighs a ton too!  Years ago, Dooney had some really nice bags that were one color, pebble leather and I'm not sure what happened but they need to come down to earth and come down in price and offer updated styles.    Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1  No "betting" or speculation necessary.  From the description:   "weighs approximately 2 lbs, 1 oz"

Hardly a "ton."

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee,   No "betting" or speculation necessary.  From the description:   "weighs approximately 2 lbs, 1 oz"

Hardly a "ton."

Just add in your "STUFF" and you will be hurting if you try to carry on your shoulder. "ton" is an exaggerated term.  Dooney's for most part are heavy.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

No, thank you.  The leather is stiff, the two tone has seen it's day.  The price is too high.  I can go to Kate Spade when they have a great sale and get soft pebble leather at a great price.  $350 down to $120, etc.  I bet this Dooney weighs a ton too!  Years ago, Dooney had some really nice bags that were one color, pebble leather and I'm not sure what happened but they need to come down to earth and come down in price and offer updated styles.    Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1  You're 100 percent right, it does weigh a ton.  It's over 2lbs. and when you put all your things in it, you can't even lift the bag.  That's why I have stopped purchasing dooney bags.  I have way too many now.  I've given some to Goodwill and plan on giving Goodwill even more of my collection.  

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023,    omg!  the women will be fighting for the doonies at goodwill.  lol   that is very generous of you.  A few years back, I donated some designer clothes that I would not be wearing in retirement.  I own one bag that is a little heavier by coach but I wised up and no longer purchase the heavy bags.  funny thing, I never shop in goodwill and i probably should!   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023,    omg!  the women will be fighting for the doonies at goodwill.  lol   that is very generous of you.  A few years back, I donated some designer clothes that I would not be wearing in retirement.  I own one bag that is a little heavier by coach but I wised up and no longer purchase the heavy bags.  funny thing, I never shop in goodwill and i probably should!   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 Hi KatCat1.  The guy that runs our local Goodwill store knows me and my hubby.  He said the second the dooneys were on the racks they were gone by the end of the day. I had a girlfriend that I worked with buy a lot of my bags.  I only charged her 50 dollars a bag.  I still like dooneys, but I haven't carried one in quite some time.  I'm very much impressed now with bags that Vince Camuto makes.  His leather bags are light weight and they're fabulous.  I just received a red leather bag from HSN's last Vince Camuto ttv.  Didn't buy the shoes that was offered but sure snatched up the handbag they were offering.   I even recently purchased a new Tig bag and their quality has improved.  Even their bags are lighter.  I stopped spending hundreds of dollars anymore for a handbag.  I just wished I wised up years ago because I would have saved a ton of money.  Enjoy the weekend.  

Trusted Contributor

@Gramy24 wrote:

They lost me at Saffiano! No. Way. Ever. It's just my opinion and for those who love it and can afford this TSV - go for it!  Saffiano is too close to plastic for me. I've seen many in stores - high end ones too and they all seem similar - like they are so stiff they could be used for weapons or maybe nail files. They do seem to be everywhere, so many gals must love them.

@Gramy24  Lol nail files~~Good one !   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, even though I'm not loving Dooney like I once did, I ordered the white TSV and the matching wallet. I've been looking for a white bag for awhile now, and one that I could take anywhere (including our beach trips) and not stress over knocking it around. I think the Saffiano leather is perfect for that, and I also love that it doesn't puddle which makes finding something inside much easier.

I hope everyone who ordered, enjoys their bag too! 

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

Well, even though I'm not loving Dooney like I once did, I ordered the white TSV and the matching wallet. I've been looking for a white bag for awhile now, and one that I could take anywhere (including our beach trips) and not stress over knocking it around. I think the Saffiano leather is perfect for that, and I also love that it doesn't puddle which makes finding something inside much easier.

I hope everyone who ordered, enjoys their bag too! 

I think Saffiano is a good choice for a white bag because it seems fairly easy to keep clean.  Enjoy your new bag and matching wallet.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @faeriemoon, I'm hoping it'll live up to my expectations too. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I ordered the white and needed a basic tote as well. I like the design simple and classic with just enough detail.  Hope it cleans up well as promised. I like the host's suggestion of adding a colorful scarf to jazz it up.