Regular Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV on March 4th is the Maddie Saffiano Shopper!

This isn't my style of bag!  I wish it was because I like Dooney's - this one wouldn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QuinnPenny wrote:

stevieb, why do you hate Dooney so much?  It's fine, everyone has a choose, but you don't have to ruin it for others who love Dooney handbags.

@QuinnPenny... I don't 'hate' Dooney, I've simply grown weary of them and no longer consider them a preferred brand for me... As for "ruining it for others", wow, I wasn't aware I had that kind of power... Anyone for whom my opinion "ruins" anything might want to consider striving to be more of an independent thinker... All that said, I do think this bag misses on all cylinders...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

Dooney & Bourke special value

Here is a link to the special value if you'd like to take a look.  

Melvin, Customer Care 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb. As mentioned I also have a collection of LV bags. There are some times when carrying an obviously $2000+ bag is not a good idea. I own many D&Bs and carry those from October thru December during holiday shopping season & I find myself often at night in mall parking lots.

Not great to carry an expensive bag when going to purchase a car (will never get the lowest price) & when meeting a new girl, potential friend for coffee/lunch I don't want her to think that's all that's important to me...status.

I certainly don't take a LV bag going to do volunteer work for underprivileged people...that's common sense. I do always travel with my largest one & a crossbody inside. Although brown w/ tan leather, it's universally neutral and I don't have to take multiple bags.

Frequent Contributor

They lost me at Saffiano! No. Way. Ever. It's just my opinion and for those who love it and can afford this TSV - go for it!  Saffiano is too close to plastic for me. I've seen many in stores - high end ones too and they all seem similar - like they are so stiff they could be used for weapons or maybe nail files. They do seem to be everywhere, so many gals must love them.

Honored Contributor

There is not one thing I like about this bag.  Don't like the style (is it a satchel, a tote, or a shoulder bag?)  Don't like the colors, don't care for vachetta trim.  Sick of tassels.

The only redeeming feature is they left off the useless accessory with the inflated if-purchased-separately price.  The only included accessory that would interest me is a decent size cosmetic case.  And that seldom happens.

Honored Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

My Q March Insider is up on-line.  The Dooney TSV is the Maddie Saffiano shopper in Black, Dandelion, Marine, Violet, Taupe, and White.  Key Fob but no wristlet or case.  $199 on 5 EZ payments now!  Pretty!

I really like this bag.  I have not purchased a Dooney in over 4 years.  What I like most about this bag is that you do not have to attach a strap.  This is really cute.  Might have to get this one.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's an easy pass for me too.  I don't care for Saffiano leather as it doesn't feel like leather.  The straps looks like they will fall off the shoulder.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't believe these prices or that women are buying. I am a Dooney collector of vintage Dooney's.  I paid less for bags made in the USA with hand tied detacable handles and brass hardware and duck tags.

Honored Contributor

No, thank you.  The leather is stiff, the two tone has seen it's day.  The price is too high.  I can go to Kate Spade when they have a great sale and get soft pebble leather at a great price.  $350 down to $120, etc.  I bet this Dooney weighs a ton too!  Years ago, Dooney had some really nice bags that were one color, pebble leather and I'm not sure what happened but they need to come down to earth and come down in price and offer updated styles.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength