Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV is Wayfarer Nylon hobo!

@hicindy2 wrote:

Oh Oh. Agreed, I see the lining's blue stripes thru the yellow and orange selections. Especially when Leah dashes in with the yellow bag in the beginning of the video. You can see the stripes faintly thru the taupe color as well. This would be a problem for me.  I think that the olive is sensational in this bag or the plum.

I ordered the Dooney "cousin" from Macy's with the discount code that expires today (free shipping).  The nylon is nice and silky without that annoying crinkly rustling. They have navy and black over at Macy's. I grabbed the navy. This is a smaller scale tote. 

• Small sized bag; 10-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 5"D (width is measured across the bottom of handbag); 1.1 lbs. approx. weight

Dooney & Bourke Nylon Zip Tote

Popping this Radley London wallet inside (QVC free shipping) 

RADLEY London Painterly Floral Large Zip AroundMatinee - A432726

@hicindy2 Your Macy's bag is 30% off for today only.  If your discount was less than that, you can probably call their CS and get a price adjustment.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo   Thanks for that.  Mission accomplished. 

Regular Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stellabystarlight It looked like leather to me on the commercial, too! 

I like this one! Very comfortable looking, outside pocket, duck logo, wide opening, long strap drop, striped lining, matching cosmetic/coin pouch (and key fob), lightweight. Perfect for now and for fall! 

@EdithEllenLily   I like it too & I'm leaning towards the olive.  I just wish the strap would convert to a crossbody.

You can order a crossbody strap for another $40.

Football is my favorite season.
Trusted Contributor

Finally I made my decision and ordered the olive @EdithEllenLily and all! 

Respected Contributor

The olive is a good color. I bought the Dooney pebbled leather Perry satchel in olive this summer and love the hue. (It’s back to $298, but on a special, I got it for $194 with free shipping and no tax. Ya gotta love that.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stellabystarlight It looked like leather to me on the commercial, too! 

I like this one! Very comfortable looking, outside pocket, duck logo, wide opening, long strap drop, striped lining, matching cosmetic/coin pouch (and key fob), lightweight. Perfect for now and for fall! 

@stellabystarlight @LIndaMJ @Susan Louise @haddon9 @Shawnie @Skyegirl21 + all

Surprise! Sue Clifton presented Monday's TSV this morning in AM Style with Leah, so the video is UP. It is the Dooney Italian nylon, and near the end of the presentation they mentioned that there is a crossbody strap available if you want to order it. If you go under New Arrivals and choose Handbags, I do see a strap, so it may be that one. In any case, it's good to see the colors in the video! I am still waiting to see the presentation on my TV tomorrow night before I order to get a better view of the orange and olive shades. From the video, I like the navy, black and plum the best. Still deciding!

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for the heads-up on the video. Like @haddon9 , I'll be ordering the olive and I'll also get the crossbody strap.

After watching the video, the bordeaux is a VERY close second choice for me, but I'll stick with just getting the olive.

I noticed on the video that the burnt orange and the yellow bags that the blue striped lining was visable through the nylon...not a good look IMO. I would think that is actually going to create a lot of returns for QVC/D&B. I'm surprised that the nylon wasn't thicker to prevent that issue...SMH. Well, thankfully I wasn't interested in those colors anyway.

@EdithEllenLily  and All,

Confession/Update...I have decided not to order the D&B TSV. After thinking about it overnight and watching the newest video, I have been turned off by:

...how thin/slouchy the material is. I have had D&B nylon bags in the past...like the large pocket satchel and a few of the nylon shoppers, but they certainly didn't puddle like the TSV. That would drive me crazy.

...having to pay about $50 more for a crossbody strap after S&H/tax

...so over $200 for a nylon bag (with the needed crossbody strap)...NO!

And after carrying mainly Lug handbags over the past year (the great charter, scoop & carousels), I don't think I would be happy going back to less organization.

I have been wanting an olive bag too, so I checked out what Lug is offering now. I was hoping for a Lug 'scoop' in solid olive, but no such luck. I wound up ordering F13461 - Lug east/west crossbody - mambo in the olive. I think I will be very happy...great price point, it's a crossbody, good size for everyday...lightweight, and lots of organization.

I still have several D&B bags, but down to 8...purged several over the past couple of years.

For all you ladies who get the TSV...enjoy your new treasures. I had to pass.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DB missed opportunity bringing Wayfarer in leather instead of nylon. Hobo lover would have ordered,  nylon looks flimsy.

The one positive thing no RED interior. 

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of this bag at all.  Easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

Would have loved to have seen something in suede.

Respected Contributor

Someone asked an excellent question on the product page—is the lining sewed in ?  otherwise the contents of the pockets  will fall out when you set the bag down or otherwise take the strap tension off it.  No answer to the question.