Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV is Wayfarer Nylon hobo!

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @this is it and it is the # she gave me on Facebook.F1B02531-CADC-48CF-86BB-9779D0D9532F.jpeg

But having just watched the video, didn't Sue say the trim on the bag was Sierra?

When watching Dooney shows, I have occasionally heard discrepancies in color names for the same shade. I think the Q can change color names for marketing purposes? If Sue told Shawnie that this is the matching crossbody strap, I believe it is.

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for letting me (and others) know Smiley Happy

I was thinking of canceling my order til I knew for sure. I didn't want to wind up having to return them and pay for S&H.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise @hicindy2 OMG you guys have great eyes!!  Didn’t see it in the video, but.....go to the product page and enlarge the item.  The ticking clearly shows thru underneath the pocket!    Clearly.  Man oh man.  That is a major fail in my book.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @this is it and it is the # she gave me on Facebook.F1B02531-CADC-48CF-86BB-9779D0D9532F.jpeg

But having just watched the video, didn't Sue say the trim on the bag was Sierra?

When watching Dooney shows, I have occasionally heard discrepancies in color names for the same shade. I think the Q can change color names for marketing purposes? If Sue told Shawnie that this is the matching crossbody strap, I believe it is.

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for letting me (and others) know Smiley Happy

I was thinking of canceling my order til I knew for sure. I didn't want to wind up having to return them and pay for S&H.

@Susan Louise The good news that if it IS a different shade, we have been advised by the Dooney rep so outgoing and return S&H should be waived. Hopefully not though. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Susan Louise 

I've been known to use my detachable Louis Vuitton strap on other bags!

@1Professor  Keep it handy, I may need to borrow it...  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

So either the blue stripe lining is very dark or the Dooney Italian nylon is being made thinner. I've had other Dooney Italian nylon bags and the nylon has been thick and substantial. 

If this Dooney Italian nylon is being made thinner, it will be more lightweight, so that's a plus. The good thing is that if we can see the stripes on the lighter colors, there is no "fill" in the nylon. My favorite handbag brand MZ Wallace is replacing its flagship pleated Bedford nylon with a thinner nylon with "fill" which is not for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily @ I tried to cancel and it was too late.  If it is @stevieb ‘s  “flimsy” and/or i can see that ticking it is going back.  😡

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @ I tried to cancel and it was too late.  If it is @stevieb ‘s  “flimsy” and/or i can see that ticking it is going back.  😡

@Shawnie I think you ordered the Plum, right? That's one of the darker colors and my guess is that the blue striped lining will not show through. 

I'm thinking of ordering Plum, Navy or Black. Will wait for the TSV presentation tomorrow night to see how it looks on television and will be watching with my magnifying glass to scrutinize...Woman Wink

Yes, hope it's not flimsy...let us know what you think of it when it arrives. Hope you like it! 

Honored Contributor

Even though I'm not buying, I do have other Dooney Italian nylon bags.  I would just like to chime in that it is not as easy as Sue says to clean if you get a spot on it.  For that reason I would never choose a light color in nylon, and is in fact the main reason I usually jump on the coated cotton.  I have had nylon in black (easiest), purple (second easiest) and hot pink (a one season and done color), and would only go dark if I were to buy nylon again in the future.

Just a heads up if you've never had nylon but are considering this one.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon @you are spot on!  

Respected Contributor

Sue confirmed A371476 is the correct strap.