Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV is Wayfarer Nylon hobo!

[ Edited ]

Was curious about the lining showing through. Watched the video and on my device didn't see the stripes but wouldn't be surprised if they did... Agree, should have picked a subtle, neutral interior, at least for the lighter bags... The yellow, to me, is just garish, and while I just don't like the bag, I'd also note that by the time they add the high shipping and tax, one would be looking at about a hundred and seventy buck for what appears to be a relatively flimsy bag... For that price, I can do better...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb @yellow wouldn’t be for me either.  I have a couple of their nylons, and while pricey, I wouldn’t describe it as flimsy.  Not cheap.  And i don’t see the lining either.  But i am just staying away from big leather bags these days.  For me it appears to check all my boxes.  If reality is different, back it goes.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stellabystarlight It looked like leather to me on the commercial, too! 

I like this one! Very comfortable looking, outside pocket, duck logo, wide opening, long strap drop, striped lining, matching cosmetic/coin pouch (and key fob), lightweight. Perfect for now and for fall! 

@EdithEllenLily   I was immediately drawn to the Olive. Plus Violet (Plum).

ALL: Just saw the cross-body strap was already discovered!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I like this one! Very comfortable looking, outside pocket, duck logo, wide opening, long strap drop, striped lining, matching cosmetic/coin pouch (and key fob), lightweight. Perfect for now and for fall! 

@EdithEllenLily   I like it too & I'm leaning towards the olive.  I just wish the strap would convert to a crossbody.

@haddon9 : In the preview this morning, they showed a strap you attach to the Special Value bag, converting it to a cross-body!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   I like it too & I'm leaning towards the olive.  I just wish the strap would convert to a crossbody.

@haddon9 : In the preview this morning, they showed a strap you attach to the Special Value bag, converting it to a cross-body!

@1Professor  Unsure if the strap matches the TSV..the strap says brandy and Sue mentioned that the color of the TSV is sienna.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I've been known to use my detachable Louis Vuitton strap on other bags!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Susan Louise @Congrats!  Are you watching the video on a big screen?  I don’t see the stripes on my ipad.  

@Shawnie  Watching on my laptop full screen - 14".

ETA - At the 2:23 mark of the video I can see the blue stripes on the burnt orange and at the 2:50 mark on the yellow bag.

@Susan Louise I see the stripes on the yellow for sure (on my PC desktop Samsung monitor). I am still looking at the darker colors for my choice.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @this is it and it is the # she gave me on Facebook.F1B02531-CADC-48CF-86BB-9779D0D9532F.jpeg

But having just watched the video, didn't Sue say the trim on the bag was Sierra?

When watching Dooney shows, I have occasionally heard discrepancies in color names for the same shade. I think the Q can change color names for marketing purposes? If Sue told Shawnie that this is the matching crossbody strap, I believe it is.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Oh Oh. Agreed, I see the lining's blue stripes thru the yellow and orange selections. Especially when Leah dashes in with the yellow bag in the beginning of the video. You can see the stripes faintly thru the taupe color as well. This would be a problem for me.  I think that the olive is sensational in this bag or the plum.

I ordered the Dooney "cousin" from Macy's with the discount code that expires today (free shipping).  The nylon is nice and silky without that annoying crinkly rustling. They have navy and black over at Macy's. I grabbed the navy. This is a smaller scale tote. 

• Small sized bag; 10-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 5"D (width is measured across the bottom of handbag); 1.1 lbs. approx. weight

Dooney & Bourke Nylon Zip Tote

Popping this Radley London wallet inside (QVC free shipping) 

RADLEY London Painterly Floral Large Zip AroundMatinee - A432726

@hicindy2 I like your Dooney from Macy's in navy (also like the black)! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@hicindy2  I'm glad you can see it too...I know it wasn't my imagination. LOL

I'm still shocked that the issue  wasn't addressed before production of thousands of each of those colors, or made the lining on those bags a solid beige.

@Susan Louise  I know; now, it may be the strong studio lights, but sunlight would have the same effect.  Once I knew that the stripes would show thru, it would continue to bug me. They should have gone with a faint beige or taupe stripe linings on certain colors. Of course, everything bugs me:; patterns that don't line up, logo badges that are slightly crooked, short zipper openings.  I'm like the princess and the pea. 

@hicindy2 Woman LOL I am exactly the same way, as you probably know.