Super Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV is Wayfarer Nylon hobo!

I would have felt better with free shipping.

Valued Contributor

I love Dooney bags, but I despise the cloth ones....so nope for me.

Not for THAT price -- ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TJMaxx and Marshall's large D&B shopper nylon bags are always around $79, no S&H charge at the stores!

Esteemed Contributor

Nylon at a high price point , even for a TSV.  For me them " throwing " in some tiny little nylon pouch and key fob  and advertising  both these items would sell for $65 in addition to the value of this big Nylon bag is ridiculous .

The cross body strap was an extra additional item you could buy . Well, nylon bags serve their purpose going to the beach, or if it's raining alot or  your're traveling and might have to put your bag on the floor of a bus or plane .

I don't care for the Dooney bags anyway  but  this TSV was way too pricey and not so special with all that old striped  fabric .

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stellabystarlight It looked like leather to me on the commercial, too! 

I like this one! Very comfortable looking, outside pocket, duck logo, wide opening, long strap drop, striped lining, matching cosmetic/coin pouch (and key fob), lightweight. Perfect for now and for fall! 

@stellabystarlight @LIndaMJ @Susan Louise @haddon9 @Shawnie @Skyegirl21 + all

Surprise! Sue Clifton presented Monday's TSV this morning in AM Style with Leah, so the video is UP. It is the Dooney Italian nylon, and near the end of the presentation they mentioned that there is a crossbody strap available if you want to order it. If you go under New Arrivals and choose Handbags, I do see a strap, so it may be that one. In any case, it's good to see the colors in the video! I am still waiting to see the presentation on my TV tomorrow night before I order to get a better view of the orange and olive shades. From the video, I like the navy, black and plum the best. Still deciding!

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for the heads-up on the video. Like @haddon9 , I'll be ordering the olive and I'll also get the crossbody strap.

After watching the video, the bordeaux is a VERY close second choice for me, but I'll stick with just getting the olive.

I noticed on the video that the burnt orange and the yellow bags that the blue striped lining was visable through the nylon...not a good look IMO. I would think that is actually going to create a lot of returns for QVC/D&B. I'm surprised that the nylon wasn't thicker to prevent that issue...SMH. Well, thankfully I wasn't interested in those colors anyway.

@EdithEllenLily  and All,

Confession/Update...I have decided not to order the D&B TSV. After thinking about it overnight and watching the newest video, I have been turned off by:

...how thin/slouchy the material is. I have had D&B nylon bags in the past...like the large pocket satchel and a few of the nylon shoppers, but they certainly didn't puddle like the TSV. That would drive me crazy.

...having to pay about $50 more for a crossbody strap after S&H/tax

...so over $200 for a nylon bag (with the needed crossbody strap)...NO!

And after carrying mainly Lug handbags over the past year (the great charter, scoop & carousels), I don't think I would be happy going back to less organization.

I have been wanting an olive bag too, so I checked out what Lug is offering now. I was hoping for a Lug 'scoop' in solid olive, but no such luck. I wound up ordering F13461 - Lug east/west crossbody - mambo in the olive. I think I will be very happy...great price point, it's a crossbody, good size for everyday...lightweight, and lots of organization.

I still have several D&B bags, but down to 8...purged several over the past couple of years.

For all you ladies who get the TSV...enjoy your new treasures. I had to pass.  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise I really like the Lug Mambo you ordered!! What a great size, and I love pleating on nylon...it looks cool and the pocket will expand with those pleats. Enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

P.S. to @hicindy2 Check this one out! Lug Mambo with pleats F13461

Honored Contributor

@LIndaMJ wrote:

Finally I made my decision and ordered the olive @EdithEllenLily and all! 

@LIndaMJ That's good you ordered the olive before it sold out! I was waffling about colors and missed out on the olive and black, which ended up being my favorites. At the end of the day, I really didn't need another handbag!! I hope you love the one you receive!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

Some of this bag's relatives in the Nylon family are over at Macy's with a discount code:

@hicindy2 - I just wanted to thank your for this post.  Based on it, I ordered the nylon zip top tote from Macy’s, in Navy and it arrived about 10 minutes ago.  I love it. Regular Dooneys are just too heavy for me.  I have pretty serious neck and upper back issues that have developed recently and I just can’t carry a heavy bag.  I ordered it as soon as I read you post and got it on sale. Thanks again.  It’s a winner. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh   YAY !!  I loaded up my navy tote and away we went.  In addition to my neck and shoulder issues, I have problems with thin straps digging in and straps slipping off my narrow shoulders. Nice silky feel to this nylon and I liked the striped lining.  Enjoy your new bag (seasonless too). 

Also, what you put in your bag affects the weight.  Next time you are in Macy's check out Radley London wallets.  Super light but well organized. Grabbed this one for Fall.  So doggone cuteHeart

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I like this one! Very comfortable looking, outside pocket, duck logo, wide opening, long strap drop, striped lining, matching cosmetic/coin pouch (and key fob), lightweight. Perfect for now and for fall! 

Surprise! Sue Clifton presented Monday's TSV this morning in AM Style with Leah, so the video is UP. It is the Dooney Italian nylon, and near the end of the presentation they mentioned that there is a crossbody strap available if you want to order it. If you go under New Arrivals and choose Handbags, I do see a strap, so it may be that one. In any case, it's good to see the colors in the video! I am still waiting to see the presentation on my TV tomorrow night before I order to get a better view of the orange and olive shades. From the video, I like the navy, black and plum the best. Still deciding!

@EdithEllenLily  Thanks for the heads-up on the video. Like @haddon9 , I'll be ordering the olive and I'll also get the crossbody strap.

After watching the video, the bordeaux is a VERY close second choice for me, but I'll stick with just getting the olive.

I noticed on the video that the burnt orange and the yellow bags that the blue striped lining was visable through the nylon...not a good look IMO. I would think that is actually going to create a lot of returns for QVC/D&B. I'm surprised that the nylon wasn't thicker to prevent that issue...SMH. Well, thankfully I wasn't interested in those colors anyway.

Confession/Update...I have decided not to order the D&B TSV. After thinking about it overnight and watching the newest video, I have been turned off by:

...how thin/slouchy the material is. I have had D&B nylon bags in the past...like the large pocket satchel and a few of the nylon shoppers, but they certainly didn't puddle like the TSV. That would drive me crazy.

And after carrying mainly Lug handbags over the past year (the great charter, scoop & carousels), I don't think I would be happy going back to less organization.

I have been wanting an olive bag too, so I checked out what Lug is offering now. I was hoping for a Lug 'scoop' in solid olive, but no such luck. I wound up ordering F13461 - Lug east/west crossbody - mambo in the olive. I think I will be very happy...great price point, it's a crossbody, good size for everyday...lightweight, and lots of organization.

I still have several D&B bags, but down to 8...purged several over the past couple of years.

For all you ladies who get the TSV...enjoy your new treasures. I had to pass.  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise I really like the Lug Mambo you ordered!! What a great size, and I love pleating on nylon...it looks cool and the pocket will expand with those pleats. Enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

@hicindy2 @Susan Louise I received the Lug Mambo in mustard yellow along with the Lug Tram RFID wallet in Wildflower Multi and I love both items! There is a nice sheen in the light on the Lug nylon on this bag, too. Love the pleating! Susan Louise, did you like your olive Lug Mambo?

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 @Susan Louise I received the Lug Mambo in mustard yellow along with the Lug Tram RFID wallet in Wildflower Multi and I love both items! There is a nice sheen in the light on the Lug nylon on this bag, too. Love the pleating! Susan Louise, did you like your olive Lug Mambo?

@EdithEllenLily  I am so thrilled you love your Lug Mambo and Tram wallet! llls0251.gif

Yes, I got the Mambo in the olive and I really love it. I also love the Tram wallet. I have been using the solid black one for several months and it's so nice to not carry around the heavy Lee Sands eelskin wallet (with attached coin purse) I had been using for over 15 years. I'm not getting rid of that one though just in case I need a larger wallet when DH and I travel. It is still in great condition after all those years.

Just for reference, if you ever need another Lug bag, I highly recommend the Charter (watch the video if you have time) if you need a larger bag and if you want to go a tad smaller, the Scoop and Carousal 2 or 3 are terrific too. The organization, lightweight material and features are fabulous.

Enjoy your new treasures and thanks for updating me and shaing Smiley Very Happy