Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV Up on Dooney Page!

@Beeweaver, I was also wishing to lighten up my handbags and I switched over to Lug Bags. They are lightweight, provide great organization and have a great selection of sizes and styles. Vera Bradley bags are also very stylish and lightweight. If you are looking to stay with leather, I've found Aimee Kestenburg leather bags to be a lighter weight than Dooney or Coach. JMO, of course! 😃👜
Super Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@Beeweaver, I was also wishing to lighten up my handbags and I switched over to Lug Bags. They are lightweight, provide great organization and have a great selection of sizes and styles. Vera Bradley bags are also very stylish and lightweight. If you are looking to stay with leather, I've found Aimee Kestenburg leather bags to be a lighter weight than Dooney or Coach. JMO, of course! 😃👜

@hooked on books Thanks for the recommendations!  I do have a lug crossbody and many Vera bags.  I do like the TSV though in black so I will give that one a try!

Respected Contributor

Well, it's a no for me. The actual length at the top is 18", not 12"!   That is wayyy to cavernous for me. Why cant they give accurate measurements?? 
Last year, I purchased the Kipling Felicity and loved that last summer. I think I will use it again! Yay! 
But this is very pretty and I am liking the Fuschia color. ENJOY it and love it, if YOU indulge...😁

Esteemed Contributor

I have a small Dooney crossbody in nylon and love it!  Use it all the time.

I thought I'd get this large tote for when I just need a bigger bag.  Though I'm small, don't think this bag will be overwhelming and really liked the style.   I put the navy in my cart and didn't finish the ordering process and now it's gone!!!  So now I'm on waitlist for it - cannot believe this early in the morning the navy is sold out!!!!

My question, if anyone can answer, when waitlist occurs does QVC just order additional bags or does it mean if someone returns theirs, the Q send it to me?  I ask this 'cause I've ordered "as is" Dooneys before and never been satisfied, i.e. scratches in the leather or the keyfob, mini purse missing.

Trusted Contributor

hi! I think the waitlist order can be filled from these scenarios - one, a customer return that is then sent out to you. Second, a customer could have a check hold, and then the customer cancels. Third, QVC could re-order more. I think those are the 3 ways you could get a WL order. A customer return isn't necessarily re-sold "as is". Depends on the condition and packaging.

hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I ordered this tsv because I have many Vera Bradley totes but looking for something larger and I'm tired of VB! 

This looks like the size would be perfect for the essentials I carry when I travel home and won't need to take suitcase (I have clothes there).

Hope it's a good buy.  I do have 3 nylon small bags by D&B and use them all the time when I'm out for the night.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

You know what’s weird? I just bought that very same tote from Dooney direct and returned it this week. (I know! I am a leather girl, but I thought this might be fun, lightweight, and bright for summer in the sort of cobalt blue I chose.) Well. the tote was huge, the nylon was shiny, and it just looked cheap in person. I have a cobalt blue Toledo leather satchel from Dooney, so I will just stick with that. I can see how someone planning a beach vacation might like this, though.

@libbyannE @I believe you.  It looks cheap in the picture too.  Easy pass for me.   

@Blingqueen023  Agree. Colors that one might get by with in leather often look sort of, well, cheesy in fabric, especially nylon. Most of those pastels don't work for me at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

So glad I orderd the black at midnight and looking forward to receiving this.  I love the look of the black with the brown trim.  I just need a good lightweight tote and the regular Dooneys are just way to heavy even without anything in them.