Respected Contributor

Dooney TSV Up on Dooney Page!

It is a wayfarer nylon tote with a pouch and key fob.  Comes in 8 colors.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV Up on Dooney Page!

You know what’s weird? I just bought that very same tote from Dooney direct and returned it this week. (I know! I am a leather girl, but I thought this might be fun, lightweight, and bright for summer in the sort of cobalt blue I chose.) Well. the tote was huge, the nylon was shiny, and it just looked cheap in person. I have a cobalt blue Toledo leather satchel from Dooney, so I will just stick with that. I can see how someone planning a beach vacation might like this, though.

Respected Contributor

This is the 2nd Dooney TSV that is nylon, and I am disappointed.  This is a leather goods company, and I want leather.  Perhaps, QVC needs to replace their handbag buyer.  This TSV is a no go for me.

Super Contributor

I love the Dooney nylon bags. I just ordered this in the light aqua.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE  I think on the Dooney site that Wayfarer tote comes in two sizes.  Which one did you order and return?

I don't think I like any of the colors.

Honored Contributor

Here it is: https://www.qvc.com/Dooney-%26-Bourke-Wayfarer-Nylon-Tote-with-Accessories.product.A374305.html?sc=P...

I like the black and navy and will think about ordering. I also like the reduced shipping and handling. Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @EdithEllenLily, I'm thinking about the navy. 

Respected Contributor

I'm also a leather handbag girl.   But I did buy my first Dooney nylon handbags this year.... I needed something lighter.  I purchased a large double zip satchel from an older Dooney nylon collection.   I was amazed at the very hight quality of the nylon,  the construction, and the leather trim details.   I bought the bag in black and it's very polished looking.  I also bought a khaki color, since I was so impressed by the quality of the Dooney nylon handbag I got.

I have no plans to buy another large nylon handbag.  The colors of the TSV are pretty.  I don't know what they will look like in person.  I do think that the darker colors and  neutrals give a nylon bag a more sophisticated and refined look.  Brights and pastels are more casual looking.

Just an opinion for those who are trying to decide on what color to buy.

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

I'm also a leather handbag girl.   But I did buy my first Dooney nylon handbags this year.... I needed something lighter.  I purchased a large double zip satchel from an older Dooney nylon collection.   I was amazed at the very hight quality of the nylon,  the construction, and the leather trim details.   I bought the bag in black and it's very polished looking.  I also bought a khaki color, since I was so impressed by the quality of the Dooney nylon handbag I got.

I have no plans to buy another large nylon handbag.  The colors of the TSV are pretty.  I don't know what they will look like in person.  I do think that the darker colors and  neutrals give a nylon bag a more sophisticated and refined look.  Brights and pastels are more casual looking.

Just an opinion for those who are trying to decide on what color to buy.

Agree about the sophistication factor of the darker shades.  Also, in spite of what they tell you, they don't just wipe clean with a little soap and water.  Chances are you will be left with some sort of spot or watermark.  Buying the darker shades in nylon is definitely a more practical purchase.

Respected Contributor

I really like the navy.