Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV October 12th!

@faeriemoon wrote:

For those wondering what we're talking about:

On the Dooney dot com site, there are two sizes: Alta Via Small Camilla and Alta Via Camilla. Both come in black or the lovely Bordeaux pictured above. The Friends and Family is still good through 10/8, so you can get 25 percent off. It's still very pricey after that though!

Trusted Contributor

It saddens me to see how the D & B quality has diminished. The cheap, flimsy, one sided handles on the Mila TSV showing now is a prime example.

Amy said she's presenting it 4 days early for color availability. hmmm more like the Q is worried about saleability.

That being said, I am so thankful for my vast collection of made in America vintage Dooney bags, many bought second hand, and looking brand new.

dee

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Just got a sneak peak of the Dooney TSV by Carolyn on the HP Computer show on now - 8:00 PM.  It is a tote - looks like Selleria leather, with a zippered pocket in front - square shape.  She showed a steel gray color to demonstrate that the computer fit inside!

Respected Contributor

I think D&B needs to generate more sales--they extended the F&F sale another day.  With many retailers going under, they must really feel the pressure. They really have to push harder on web sales.

Regarding stale designs:

The thing that makes D&B sligthly cheaper over its competitors is this recycling model. They produce just a few basic styles and then release in every variation one could think of.  Newer designs cost more and eventually, they are recycled and produced in cheaper materials. That's where the "sameness" comes in. Then there is a pitch to get women to buy more in various colors, relying heavily unpon a "sisterhood"and social media. Then there's the nostalgia heritage pitch, but we know most D&B bags are made in China.

This approach has been used by various brands and suits the loyal customer who usually will have similar styles in five different colors.  The other brand that comes to mind: Invicta watches. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Dooney and Bourke and have  a lot of the bags. This new one is great but the handles are a dealbreaker for me. I don't care for them.

Honored Contributor

Have been seriously considering the TSV bag in black but am unsure of the quality of leather, which is a first for me and I am usually on board with the Oct TSV (gift from DH for Christmas).... And although I love the tote and understand that the underside of the straps are suede (and will stay on the shoulder better), it's actually the $239 price tag without any extras that's putting me off.  With no pouchette it should have landed at $199.....   but I would have loved it in pebble leather.

*Sigh*

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'm not interested in the TSV simply because of the leather, I do like the style though.I have the smooth leather wallet and like it, but I don't want a bigger bag with the smooth leather finish, it has no personality. I just got a Frye bag on sale and the leather is do die for and it has so much personality, reminds me of the 70's when you were actually getting something for your money.

Respected Contributor

Good looking bag but I no longer need or use totes.  My style preferences are crossbodies and satchels.  For those of you who need or want a good tote bag this looks nice.