Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV October 12th!

What a huge disappointment in the TSV.  D&B has definitely gotten stale with their bags.  

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

I've admired D&B Florentine Large Hattie for sometime never ordered size larger than needed. Then one day while looking came across "mini" Hattie.

First ordered Natural...then Black. Perfect! In every way. Love, Florentine.

@Sweet_Serenity 

Thru tomorrow, Dooney website has their F & F event.  

Shop Drawstring Styles

and they have the mini too:

@hicindy2 @stellabystarlight @Sweet_Serenity @libbyannE @Susan Louise @EdithEllenLily  + all duck lovers:

Thanks to @hicindy2 for the Friends & Family 25% discount flag. I just went online and ordered the mini duck bag I have been wanting so long, in navy and persimmon!

B1285G_Z2I0PATN_ALT1.jpeg

I checked out the mini Hattie, too, cause I have the larger ones + the mini duck retro, but those two are much smaller, wouldn't even hold my cell phone. Besides this little duck-shoe-style bag amuses me!

I really like the first bag but can't find it online.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 

OT: Love!! Your Avatar. 💗

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@1Professor 

OT: Love!! Your Avatar. 💗

@Sweet_Serenity 

I actually OWN that pink Royal typewriter!

118786872.jpg

119767469.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor 

One color left in large Hattie. The bag is popular. 

Valued Contributor

Happy I picked up the Miller bag when it was discounted. Was hoping for a more retro TSV for the 20th anniversary as well but the Miller May be as retro as I get. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After viewing the TSV and seeing all the colors, I'm sticking to what I previously mentioned about it...

The handles make the bag look cheap/unfinished since the underside does not have the same color saturation...period. That issue stands out like a sore thumb. The shape/style is boring like a plain box. For what is being offered, IMHO, it is not even worth the TSV price.

As @EdithEllenLily  mentioned, the slate color is nice. It would be a nice color to add to the zip zip pebble leather satchel line, but this TSV is a dud as far as I'm concerned.

For those that still plan on getting the TSV, enjoy Smiley Happy

Two of the last 4 D&B bags I bought were back around 2016/2017-ish and they were 2 of the large zip florentine leather barlows...1 red/t-moro handles and 1 black/black handles. For about the same size as the TSV, they have much more organization, top of the line quality and help keep me very content.

For those interested, I don't have the QVC item # anymore, but here's a you-tube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PzakUclvqY

The last two D&B handbags I bought were in 2018...the pebble leather zip zip satchel from ILD in 'sage' green around June 2018 and the croco leather Deana satchel in charcoal (A300766) in Oct/2018.

Since then, I have only bought Lug handbags. My 1st one was the 'charter' and I have been hooked ever since Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@1Professor 

One color left in large Hattie. The bag is popular. 

@Sweet_Serenity 

I have the medium hattie in tan/natural and the large in chestnut.

Adore them.

Easy fit on the shoulder, I like the wider strap.

I like the large best because I can throw a few things in and still have ROOM. The medium fills quickly and I do not enjoy a crowded handbag!

Smiles.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Here is the item number...and while I like it in the Slate, pictured below, I am not ordering this one. Enjoy to all who order!

Surprising or maybe not... but nothing remotely special... about this special value. A decent basic tote and some nice colors is about all there is to say. Sort of surprised there's no blue choice that I saw. Like it in orange but not remotely enough to order.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight @stevieb @EdithEllenLily + all

OMG. Sigh.

Amy S. is on right now, MONDAY, showing the Dooney TSV for SATURDAY,

saying buy now, because the best will be GONE by Saturday.

Really????