Respected Contributor

Dooney will have a TSV on October 12th.  I am hoping that this one is very special since it is the 20th Anniversary of Dooney & Bourke on QVC!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV October 12th!

[ Edited ]

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Dooney will have a TSV on October 12th.  I am hoping that this one is very special since it is the 20th Anniversary of Dooney & Bourke on QVC!

I hope it's a lot better than the last one, especially since it had $10 shipping.  I was so disappointed with the last TSV.

I'm thinking Dooney may be going downhill.  The quality wasn't there at all on the last nylon TSV.

Respected Contributor

Yes. I agree Sunshine Kate!  I would not purchase a nylon bag for that price!  Hope this TSV is leather with a full bundle of extras plus free shipping!

Respected Contributor

Every handbag company seems to be improving their line.  Tignanello announced today during a middle- of -the -night presentation that they were going back to 100% leather bags.  Competition is pretty stiff!

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Every handbag company seems to be improving their line.  Tignanello announced today during a middle- of -the -night presentation that they were going back to 100% leather bags.  Competition is pretty stiff!

I loved Tignanello bags then something happened to the quality.  Glad they are returning with all leather products.

Honored Contributor

If it's an anniversary bag it's probably going to be a "QVC Exclusive."  Never a good thing.

Honored Contributor

I posted this over on a Tig thread, but thought it might be worth repeating before anyone assumes the new Tig is the same as the original Tig, because it doesn't appear to be so....

Before anyone gets too excited... it appears as though Tig might well be on the way to becoming just another QVC house brand. Go to their website and click on 'Shop Tignanello'. It takes you directly to the QVC website, where there are fewer than a dozen silhouettes available. Not looking particularly auspicious to me. The fact is that Tig, the old Tig, used to be part of the Van Zeeland handbag empire (together with her own brand and the Makowski brand) and was sold years ago. The new owner was more than likely responsible for the cheaper, not all leather, bags. No idea who owns the brand now, but it's looking like some sort of deal has been struck with QVC.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the information, Stevie!  I think you are right!

Honored Contributor

Perhaps the TSV bag will have a “retro” look from the late ‘90s... and hopefully the quality workmanship from 20 years ago as well. Or am l expecting too much?!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Perhaps the TSV bag will have a “retro” look from the late ‘90s... and hopefully the quality workmanship from 20 years ago as well. Or am l expecting too much?!

Oh come now Handy @handygal2... What do you think... Of course, you're expecting too much... I bet you'd also like to see a 25% markdown and free shipping... Have you forgotten what website you're on...

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...