Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

@1Professor wrote:

@gramygram @stellabystarlight @EdithEllenLily @stevieb

Would someone like to share, however briefly, the TSV item # for those of us who get the paper copy, but not the online??

@1Professor If you get the Insider paper copy, you should also get an email with the link to the online version of the Insider and be able to click on the item number to see it. We will get poofed if we put the item number in here, so email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com (I did that and then the response came from Social.Team@qvc.com -- you may want to email both addresses at the same time) and ask them to email you the online Insider. Good luck, EEL

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily: I do get the paper, never get the link no matter who I contact. Sigh.

However, a Handbag Sister shared, 

SO

the BONE is on the way to my enchanted cottage! My first Bone handbag.

The paper copy will come this week, but I ADORE the outside pocket (for cell phone) and actually like the larger included pouch!

Honored Contributor

Oh my; I like this one.  Colors not great though.  Will probably go for the black.  Like the bone too, but not practical here in the winter months.  

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Oh my; I like this one.  Colors not great though.  Will probably go for the black.  Like the bone too, but not practical here in the winter months.  

@faeriemoon:

Oh, I adore being impractical in winter months!

(Hence ordered bone.) The black is classic, though, hope you get it.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@EdithEllenLily: I do get the paper, never get the link no matter who I contact. Sigh.

However, a Handbag Sister shared, 

SO

the BONE is on the way to my enchanted cottage! My first Bone handbag.

The paper copy will come this week, but I ADORE the outside pocket (for cell phone) and actually like the larger included pouch!

@1Professor When I ordered the bone, the picture was not available yet. Now it is and it's beautiful. Not sure if you've seen it, so...

Honored Contributor

If anyone is curious about the color terracotta, watch the video on the Dooney Brenna. They discuss terracotta when going over colors and then Shawn chooses to wear it during the presentation. It's a gorgeous color to my eye. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@BlingQueen022

Hi there. Sisters from another mother? I agree with everything you said! Yes, fingers crossed! My checkbook and husband will be happy if I hate the next tsv, though!

@libbyannE lol We must be sisters from a different mother.  I agree with you about the hubby and getting another dooney.  My husband usually doesn't care, but he'll probably just roll his eyes if I get another one.  At this rate, I'll be working until I'm 100, lol.  

Oh Bling girl @BlingQueen022, come on... You passed that milestone a LONG time ago... What with all the MV and the bags, Vegas is taking odds on you working until at least the 150 mark...

Woman Very Happy

And... having now seen the bag, it's not awful. I see there's a very limited color selection again... I do like the terra cotta color and the bone is pretty, but it's another one that I'll be skipping...

qd.png

@stevieb

I finally got to the listing and saw details. I'm sure this is a very nice bag -- quality, classic, chic -- but the design isn't calling to me. They took the  zip zip and made it taller and added a front pocket? I like the quality features, which include the pebble leather and the ROLLED and WHIP-stitched handles, with equestrian rings for style and to allow handles to lie down when you use the strap. Qvc and Dooney were paying attention to the complaints about last april's tsv, which I appreciate! I  was hoping for something somehow fresher for myself, simply because my collection is too big as it is.  I am NOT  saying this isn't a really good bag for someone or a good value, but I will pass. My husband will be relieved. I ended up with five of last November's Brenna bags! 

I think this will sell well-- and it should. The quality and price should make this a winner. I might pick one up for a gift, actually. 

Honored Contributor

I saw it this morning, it's another pass for me. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I would love, love. love a suede satchel.  Suede takes color so well.  Love it.  Since it will be "the Christmas bag" I'm guessing it will be something more universally appealing.  (Code for boring.) Woman Indifferent

Hmmm. It could be suede. But any way you slice it, you're probably right. It probably will be another boring made for the Q bag, you know, with 'free' accessories.

You like what you like! I respect that. I do have to say that I was always searching for matching pieces for my Dooneys before I ever discovered QVC,and they are pricey. I don't like every tsv, but when I do, I am glad to get the accessory wallet or pouch,  because I know what they cost! 

Except... first, most (not all but most) of the 'free accessories' are watered down versions of what they'd actually sell individually at the prices hosts like to throw out there... Then, there are those who don't particularly want the accessories and have suggested that they offer them at the TSV price, but that they also offer the bags as a stand alone for less. No worries for me. As noted, I'm not collecting Dooney bags anymore... But truly, agreed, it's an individual choice.

@stevieb

I know what you mean about, say, wallets, but I HAVE bought at retail (not in QVC) some pouches that are the same as what one sees in tsvs. When I have found them, they .we're around 55. The last one came as a boxed set with key fob.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@BlingQueen022

Hi there. Sisters from another mother? I agree with everything you said! Yes, fingers crossed! My checkbook and husband will be happy if I hate the next tsv, though!

@libbyannE lol We must be sisters from a different mother.  I agree with you about the hubby and getting another dooney.  My husband usually doesn't care, but he'll probably just roll his eyes if I get another one.  At this rate, I'll be working until I'm 100, lol.  

Oh Bling girl @BlingQueen022, come on... You passed that milestone a LONG time ago... What with all the MV and the bags, Vegas is taking odds on you working until at least the 150 mark...

Woman Very Happy

And... having now seen the bag, it's not awful. I see there's a very limited color selection again... I do like the terra cotta color and the bone is pretty, but it's another one that I'll be skipping...

qd.png

@stevieb

I finally got to the listing and saw details. I'm sure this is a very nice bag -- quality, classic, chic -- but the design isn't calling to me. They took the  zip zip and made it taller and added a front pocket? I like the quality features, which include the pebble leather and the ROLLED and WHIP-stitched handles, with equestrian rings for style and to allow handles to lie down when you use the strap. Qvc and Dooney were paying attention to the complaints about last april's tsv, which I appreciate! I  was hoping for something somehow fresher for myself, simply because my collection is too big as it is.  I am NOT  saying this isn't a really good bag for someone or a good value, but I will pass. My husband will be relieved. I ended up with five of last November's Brenna bags! 

I think this will sell well-- and it should. The quality and price should make this a winner. I might pick one up for a gift, actually. 

@libbyannE

This one actually reminds me of a cross between the zip-zip, the previous QVC-TSV small domed satchel and the Dooney large buckle domed satchel that was offered a few years ago and that they've recently brought back, only with an outside pocket. I agree, it's not a bad bag, but it's not for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...