Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

@gramygram wrote:

@skyblue I'm using my hunter green and everytime I switch to this bag I always feel I need another color lol 😁

I agree! @gramygram  Sweet bag!

Respected Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

@EdithEllenLily oh no! Sorry the bag was not a winner. I had a feeling about that pocket. Well I hope the terracotta is in better shape. I'm wondering about the color but I'm thinking I just may wait and order another brenna 

I like the Brenna better! @gramygram😁

I have five Brennas because I adore the bag. Like a lot t of you, I have been buying Dooney for decad pea. The Brenna is outstanding.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh wow!

So sorry, EEL,  that it didn't work out. 

I once ordered the Domed Satchel with vachetta and the bottom didn't look straight.  I remember opening it at the PO. Fortunately, I had packing tape with me. I sent it right back.

These bags are not inexpensive and they should be more careful with the QC. Here's hoping you have better luck with your terracotta.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

On a more positive note, you are sure to find something else if the other doesn't  work out. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Oh wow!

I once ordered the Domed Satchel with vachetta and the bottom didn't look straight.  I remember opening it at the PO. Fortunately, I had packing tape with me. I sent it right back.

These bags are not inexpensive and they should be more careful with the QC. Here's hoping you have better luck with your terracotta.

On a more positive note, you are sure to find something else if the other doesn't  work out. Smiley Happy

@JavaQueen Woman LOL Haha! You know it about something else! There seems to be 'something else' quite often around here. Woman Wink

I agree about the quality control issue! They need more inspectors at the factory where they are made so that a bummy one is not wrapped up and sold for full price.

Guess what? My terracotta AND my Isaac satchel in merlot are out for delivery today!!! Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JavaQueen wrote:

Oh wow!

@JavaQueen Woman LOL Haha! You know it about something else! There seems to be 'something else' quite often around here. Woman Wink

I agree about the quality control issue! They need more inspectors at the factory where they are made so that a bummy one is not wrapped up and sold for full price.

Guess what? My terracotta AND my Isaac satchel in merlot are out for delivery today!!! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily can't  wait to read your description of the terracotta  color EEL. Sue  mentioned it's more toward red but it looks dark orange like those oranges that have a reddish inside. I also was going to ask u if it's  a double zip on too like the zip zip aatchel.

Contributor

Let me start out saying that I'm a big fan of Dooney and Bourke, but does everyone know if you go to their web sight they have free shipping on over $100.00 that will save alot. Also just last week that had 20%off your total order bill. That's a big saving yes I know that QVC offers easy pay and some times a free change purse but with the 20% off for get the change purse how many do you really need.  I watched the DB show last week on QVC just to see any new updates they might be shoing but the 20% off from DB sight you can't bet. Foe the die hards DB check the web sight out and when you sign up your email address they will send you notices of sales. Also in December they will have the 12 days of Christmas sale.

Bird

Trusted Contributor

@LBird I've  checked their sales and I'm signed up on their website ☺but they don't have the one I love -Brenna  unfortunately it's  a bag for QVC only. Unless I were to purchase on ebay  or from one of my fellow dooneynistas  lol 

Honored Contributor

As reported in the Lola thread...

Three strikes and you're out with baseball...the count is more than three with my Dooney orders lately so I guess that means I'm all finished with the game! Woman Frustrated

The upcoming Dooney TSV in terracotta arrived today and it will be going back as defective just like the midnight. Similar issues...plus a final, small piece of wrap had come loose from one of the O-rings that attaches to the handle and it came down and was stuck on the top of the pocket; when I removed it there was a mark where the tape had stuck! There was a scratch below the Dooney gold plate as well. The terracotta color is definitely more red and not orange. To my eye, it's a medium dusty bluish red...quite pretty! And @gramygram, there is just one main zipper pull to open the bag with a tassel attached.

On a happier note, the Isaac Mizrahi saffiano satchel that I purchased at the clearance price was all stuffed and wrapped up, brand new, and it is gorgeous in merlot. The only thing with that bag is the long strap does not come off, but I don't mind because I usually use that long strap and leave the handles folded down. The Isaac bag is definitely a winner! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily So sorry!  Pretty poor quality control, or lack there of.  Guess somebody at dooney, at the production facility in china or at qvc (or all three) thought we wouldnt notice?  Boy are they going to regret that cause they are going to have a lot of bags to unload at a much lower profit.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@EdithEllenLily So sorry!  Pretty poor quality control, or lack there of.  Guess somebody at dooney, at the production facility in china or at qvc (or all three) thought we wouldnt notice?  Boy are they going to regret that cause they are going to have a lot of bags to unload at a much lower profit.  

@Shawnie Awww, thanks! Woman Happy

You are exactly right. There should be a lot more inspection at every stop before these bags go out to the customers!! Very disappointing!!