Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

As reported in the Lola thread...

Three strikes and you're out with baseball...the count is more than three with my Dooney orders lately so I guess that means I'm all finished with the game! Woman Frustrated

The upcoming Dooney TSV in terracotta arrived today and it will be going back as defective just like the midnight. Similar issues...plus a final, small piece of wrap had come loose from one of the O-rings that attaches to the handle and it came down and was stuck on the top of the pocket; when I removed it there was a mark where the tape had stuck! There was a scratch below the Dooney gold plate as well. The terracotta color is definitely more red and not orange. To my eye, it's a medium dusty bluish red...quite pretty! And @gramygram, there is just one main zipper pull to open the bag with a tassel attached.

On a happier note, the Isaac Mizrahi saffiano satchel that I purchased at the clearance price was all stuffed and wrapped up, brand new, and it is gorgeous in merlot. The only thing with that bag is the long strap does not come off, but I don't mind because I usually use that long strap and leave the handles folded down. The Isaac bag is definitely a winner! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily  Sorry to hear you have had bad luck with D&B bags...and especially terrible odds when you tried 2 of the TSV's too! Glad you at least made out well with the IM bag Smiley Happy

I tried real hard to warm up to the new D&B TSV, but it just didn't gel, so to speak. As others have mentioned already, there are 3 main points I don't like about it...where the long straps have to be hooked up/attached, the front pocket just looks odd, and it does look like a bowler bag. And then I tried picturing putting my huge fitover sunglasses in the front pocket and imagined it would stick out like a sore thumb...LOL

No doubt the TSV will sell well though. Again, sorry you had so much bad luck Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

@EdithEllenLily oh no! Sorry the bag was not a winner. I had a feeling about that pocket. Well I hope the terracotta is in better shape. I'm wondering about the color but I'm thinking I just may wait and order another brenna 

I like the Brenna better! @gramygram😁

I have five Brennas because I adore the bag. Like a lot t of you, I have been buying Dooney for decad pea. The Brenna is outstanding.

@libbyannE  Like others, I totally understand your love for the Brenna satchel. I think that's why I have been wanting to get the Large Zip Barlow in black...same set up of organization, and if I need to carry more on any day, the Barlow will work great. I also like the simplicity of the bag too Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Hi! I love my Barlows, too! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

@EdithEllenLily oh no! Sorry the bag was not a winner. I had a feeling about that pocket. Well I hope the terracotta is in better shape. I'm wondering about the color but I'm thinking I just may wait and order another brenna 

I have five Brennas because I adore the bag. Like a lot t of you, I have been buying Dooney for decad pea. The Brenna is outstanding.

@libbyannE  Like others, I totally understand your love for the Brenna satchel. I think that's why I have been wanting to get the Large Zip Barlow in black...same set up of organization, and if I need to carry more on any day, the Barlow will work great. I also like the simplicity of the bag too Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

@libbyannE  Hi!  I edited my post while you were replying...lol. I just added about that for me, the best part of both bags was that I had the perfect spot for my 17 yr old flip phone...

What colors did you get in the Brenna and the large zip Barlow?

I got the midnight and wine in the Brenna and will be getting the black large zip Barlow Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

@Susan Louise

@libbyannE  Hi!  I edited my post while you were replying...lol. I just added about that for me, the best part of both bags was that I had the perfect spot for my 17 yr old flip phone...

I got the midnight and wine in the Brenna and will be getting the black large zip Barlow Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Let's see.... Brenna in caramel, red, midnight, black and melon. Barlow in elephant, chestnut, red, and denim.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

@Susan Louise

@Susan Louise

Let's see.... Brenna in caramel, red, midnight, black and melon. Barlow in elephant, chestnut, red, and denim.

@libbyannE  Wow! llls0251.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just received the TSV preorder email.  This bag is quite large.  

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Just received the TSV preorder email.  This bag is quite large.  

image.jpeg

I am not a fan of the big pocket stuck on the front of the bag.

Super Contributor

I have another bag with the leather that's on the big pocket. It REALLY gets scratched up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@Adamlambert wrote:

I've bought a few tsv bags and the quality just isn't the same with these made for QVC bags. I've had sticky zippers and very crooked stitching. Also uneven pockets. Smiley Sad

I think it is more generalized than made for qvc bags.  I have ordered from Dooney and Macys and seen the same thing on the zippers.  The sawyer, the sutton zip zip are two that i ordered with horrible zippers.  

Same here.  I wanted the zip zip satchel so I went to check it out at Macy's.  I picked up 3 of them and the zippers were horrible on all of them. They were crooked and they stuck.  I ended up buying a Coach instead.

This bag is an easy pass for me. I really want a slouchy shoulder bag. 

Honored Contributor

Now that Dooney has unveiled their new Cambridge line, I think it's easy to see that this is the 'made for Q' diluted version of that look... Not to worry, though. I'm not interested in either version...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...