Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

Thanks. I just saw what I had typed. Ouch. I was getting tired. Had taken a little break and then worked until 1:30 am.

You're welcome.  I really shouldn't watch Isaac; I was always end up purchasing something from him. He's a better salesperson than Shawn. I ended buying the sweater that was on special. LOL. 

Honored Contributor

You know, having thought about this for a while (clearly I need a hobby), if they had put both loops on the back of the bag it would have had a funky, messenger-ish feel to it.  I would have loved it, but realize many would have just thought it weird.

I guess I will always think the front/back shoulder strap connection is odd.

Respected Contributor

Hmm....where is it on the Alma? 

I think the strap is there for "just in case." After all, it is a satchel. I

Providing that isn't a typo, that bag is heavy and the strap looks kind of thin for the weight. However, I have "converted" both my Kendall drawstring and domed satchel using a longer strap and it held up and balance is OK. These are both heavy. When they make the strap, I just wish they would make it a bit wider and that would help. I don't think both loops on the back would work. Ideally, it should be on either side to balance it out.

I wore my Speedy using a shoulder strap and hooked it to the bag diagonally.  It looks weird, but it did work. The bandoliere style of that bag worked the best, because the loops are on either side of the satchel. (They hadn't made that one yet.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi all: This is the same review I posted in the Lola thread. I wish I had better news! Woman Frustrated

The upcoming Dooney TSV in midnight arrived today ahead of schedule. It's a classic look and the color of the front pocket and handles is beautiful. The midnight (dark navy) leather was excellent as well. Loved the larger cosmetic case inside. I know these bags are handmade and errors can occur, but sadly, there were too many errors on this one so it will go back. I'm not sure if the pocket was sewn on crookedly or if the vertical straps directly above the pockets that attach to the rings were crooked, but the straps underneath the horizontal stitching were uneven as you looked from side to side (there was too much 'strap' on the right side heading down toward the pocket). Then, the dark red/burgundy edge paint had bled a little on the midnight leather below the crossbody strap attachments. The bottom seams on the front and sides were even/flush with the midnight leather, but that wasn't the case on the back bottom seam, which stuck out and the top of the edging was showing. Finally, the inside of the bag had a bad odor to me. I am so sorry to write this bummy review! 

The other Dooney TSV I ordered in terracotta has been shipped and I am hoping that one is in much better shape all around! It's a great-looking bag and I am imagining that the terracotta color will go nicely with that pretty front pocket flap and handles color.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily

I would send it back, too. You should let customer service know so you do not get charged for shopping. If the bag isn't perfect, they should take care of you. 

Respected Contributor

Sloppy!!!  Sorry you have to go thru the hassel of sending it back.  Hope the Terracotta is perfect.

Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily oh no! Sorry the bag was not a winner. I had a feeling about that pocket. Well I hope the terracotta is in better shape. I'm wondering about the color but I'm thinking I just may wait and order another brenna 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Hi all: This is the same review I posted in the Lola thread. I wish I had better news! Woman Frustrated

The upcoming Dooney TSV in midnight arrived today ahead of schedule. It's a classic look and the color of the front pocket and handles is beautiful. The midnight (dark navy) leather was excellent as well. Loved the larger cosmetic case inside. I know these bags are handmade and errors can occur, but sadly, there were too many errors on this one so it will go back. I'm not sure if the pocket was sewn on crookedly or if the vertical straps directly above the pockets that attach to the rings were crooked, but the straps underneath the horizontal stitching were uneven as you looked from side to side (there was too much 'strap' on the right side heading down toward the pocket). Then, the dark red/burgundy edge paint had bled a little on the midnight leather below the crossbody strap attachments. The bottom seams on the front and sides were even/flush with the midnight leather, but that wasn't the case on the back bottom seam, which stuck out and the top of the edging was showing. Finally, the inside of the bag had a bad odor to me. I am so sorry to write this bummy review! 

The other Dooney TSV I ordered in terracotta has been shipped and I am hoping that one is in much better shape all around! It's a great-looking bag and I am imagining that the terracotta color will go nicely with that pretty front pocket flap and handles color.

Sad news! @EdithEllenLily I know you had high hopes. So far your track record on navy bags isn't great! How's that navy Henri  Bendel bag looking now?😎👜😉

Respected Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

@EdithEllenLily oh no! Sorry the bag was not a winner. I had a feeling about that pocket. Well I hope the terracotta is in better shape. I'm wondering about the color but I'm thinking I just may wait and order another brenna 

I like the Brenna better! @gramygram😁

Trusted Contributor

@skyblue I'm using my hunter green and everytime I switch to this bag I always feel I need another color lol 😁