Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@gramygram wrote:
@stevieb I agree about the color choices I was hoping for a purple choice or maybe wine/Bordeaux but I do love the terracotta and the bone and I love that outside pocket. Don't care for the "pouch" bc its too big I think but overall very nice

@gramygram This time of year along with my lipstick and other cosmetics, I like to enclose a small hand sanitizer in a ziploc bag AND a few of my cough drops in another ziploc bag so I'm hoping I can enclose those items in this one cosmetic pouch! The larger size could come in handy! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily thanks for the suggestions on how to use that pouch. I hope it fits inthe bag though lol  

Respected Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

I do love domed satchels, and I really think this looks like a very well-crafted bag!  For me, handbags are not "needs" but "wants."  I know I have a bit of a problem, but I have very few vices.  So, I do not feel one bit guilty about purchasing this beauty!

@stellabystarlight: A handbag collector's point-of-view, after my own heart Heart

I adore Dooney, have 5 hobo logo locks (also love pebble leather), plus one in suede and two in nylon. Today, carrying the Barlow in florentine leather. 

However, I have just cashed a check for handbags sold at my luxury consignment store, then brought the store 3 more (to pay for the luxe Gucci Boston in Blooms I just got). Will have to downsize a bit more (including, sigh, some Patricia Nash and Brahmin).

Will watch the TSV Nov 5 show with eager eyes, though. Love Dooney!

Honored Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

I do love domed satchels, and I really think this looks like a very well-crafted bag!  For me, handbags are not "needs" but "wants."  I know I have a bit of a problem, but I have very few vices.  So, I do not feel one bit guilty about purchasing this beauty!

@stellabystarlight You are not alone, LOL! It's a classic Dooney look and it meets my needs for a larger satchel with an outside pocket and a matching cosmetic with the shoulder strap not attaching on the handles so they lie flat -- all in my favorite durable pebble leather, too. I love this classic Dooney style! Heart

Honored Contributor

Regarding the stap that attaches on the front and the back of the bag, and the wonky factor involved in this engineering feat; I admit it's not the greatest design.  Because of the domed zipper opening it's impossible to but the loops on the side of the bag.  I am therefore grateful that the shoulder strap is not attached to the handle loops as is done on the zip zip.  Since I rarely carry a bag on my shoulder it's not a big deal for me.  If you are someone who generally pefers to "wear" a bag on your shoulder, I can see how this strap design could be a deal breaker.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@JavaQueen wrote:

You what they haven't had in a long time (if ever)? A saddle bag. They've done totes, satchels, and drawstrings Forgot about the hobos!. At least a saddle bag would be different.

@JavaQueen

I agree. Please-- not another tote. And no faux reptile stuff! A real florentine would be exciting. i have been wearing my Dooney florentine saddlebag this fell. It IS a hot look right now, but they never go out of style. I see that Dooney has a new version of the florentine saddlebag in two sizes now. Mine is probably 18 months old.

I can't wait till it cools off more so I can carry mine. I have the shearling version and I don't want to carry it in 80+ degree weather. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

1Professor,  and EdithEllenLily, yes I belong to the Handbag Sister Sorority!  I am so glad that I am not judged on these boards!  Once, in TJMaxx, I was in the handbag department, which of course, is my number one destination in any department store - and a young girl passed me and said, "I think I have a handbag addiction."  Well, yes, we girls love our shoes and bags!  Something about the leather, the shape, the fact that they become part of me (I know it's strange), but since I was a little girl, handbags and shoes have appealed to me! So yes, it is a "want", but I am not desiring fur coats or the latest Ferrari so I am OK with that!

Honored Contributor

Lol yes shoes, I have a bigger problem with them than bags

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Decisions, decisions. I just saw the presentation on the Isaac saffiano satchel on clearance and had to order the Merlot...quite nice. So, I thought three Dooney TSVs is one too msny: I canceled the Bone. I will be expecting the Midnight and Terracotta in this Dooney TSV! Can't wait! I will report back here about them. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

EEL,

The  IM saffiano satchels were quite nice for the price. Fingers crossed! Of course, there is a chance that since they never sold out, you might a brand new one.

The merlot is lovely; I wish I could have gotten more than one. I already have a Coach satchel in black saffiano. I have already a blue-based red handbag, so that will have to suffice.

I will waiting to hear your thoughts on the TSV. Smiley Happy Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

EEL,

The  IM saffiano satchels were quite nice for the price. Fingers crossed! Of course, there is a chance that since they never sold out, you might a brand new one.

The merlot is lovely; I wish I could have gotten more than one. I already have a Coach satchel in black saffiano. I have already a blue-based red handbag, so that will have to suffice.

I will waiting to hear your thoughts on the TSV. Smiley Happy Good luck!

@JavaQueen Awwww, thank you JQ. Woman Happy And I hope you receive a good Royal Navy! Fingers crossed! 

I'm so happy the Dooney TSV is a classic look! I will write back about the Midnight and Terracotta which will be coming here in a week or so.