Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

Pass for me.  Too heavy,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I think too much, but design was part of my profession, so I have tried to figure out what it is about the upcoming Dooney tsv bag that made me say, "no" when I was hoping to say yes! The leather and quality details are there. It is a good value. I think itought to sell well. But maybe it seems too much cobbled together with bits from other bags? Sort of a committee design versus an original from Peter Dooney? It attempts to capture buyers who love the zip zip bag, then it tacks on a too-tall front pocket for buyers who say they want that, but the pocket looks awkward and dominates the bag. And then, while I like the strapped look of the back, those straps seem tacked on without reason or reference point. On the domed satchel tsv three or so years ago, the straps wrapped the whole bag, so they were integrated into its design versus looking like add-one. The upcoming tsv is a quality product, but something is just off about the design, in my opinion. I think I am guessing right when I say a QVC committee designed it more than Dooney himself. 

Honored Contributor

Adding to my earlier post:  For once they have inluded an accessory that I can really use.  I think I'll be purchasing this bag.  

Esteemed Contributor

The dooney tsv bag is an easy pass once again for me.  I don't find it attractive at all.  Just hate those dome style satchels.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@BlingQueen022

Hi there. Sisters from another mother? I agree with everything you said! Yes, fingers crossed! My checkbook and husband will be happy if I hate the next tsv, though!

@libbyannE lol We must be sisters from a different mother.  I agree with you about the hubby and getting another dooney.  My husband usually doesn't care, but he'll probably just roll his eyes if I get another one.  At this rate, I'll be working until I'm 100, lol.  

Oh Bling girl @BlingQueen022, come on... You passed that milestone a LONG time ago... What with all the MV and the bags, Vegas is taking odds on you working until at least the 150 mark...

Woman Very Happy

And... having now seen the bag, it's not awful. I see there's a very limited color selection again... I do like the terra cotta color and the bone is pretty, but it's another one that I'll be skipping...

qd.png

@stevieb This is an easy pass for me too.  I'm just not a fan of the dome style satchels.  I don't like the way the shoulder strap is set.  I hate that.  

Respected Contributor

@stevieb:

Okay, I'm doing deep breathing. Cancelled the bag order.

Not that it doesn't appeal, but I do not have a NEED for this bag.

I'm downsizing handbags (had to remind myself).

Respected Contributor

I think I'm safe on this one but I'd like to see the presentation and how it looks with the models carrying it, etc.  It does look a bit heavy.

Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I think I'm safe on this one but I'd like to see the presentation and how it looks with the models carrying it, etc.  It does look a bit heavy.

2 lbs. 14 oz.  Virtually 3 lbs before you put a dime in it.

Trusted Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Ok, I think too much, but design was part of my profession, so I have tried to figure out what it is about the upcoming Dooney tsv bag that made me say, "no" when I was hoping to say yes! The leather and quality details are there. It is a good value. I think itought to sell well. But maybe it seems too much cobbled together with bits from other bags? Sort of a committee design versus an original from Peter Dooney? It attempts to capture buyers who love the zip zip bag, then it tacks on a front pocket for buyers who say they want that, and then, while I like the strapped look of the back, those straps seem tacked on without reason or reference point. On the domed satchel tsv three or so years ago, the straps wrapped the whole bag, so they were integrated into its design versus looking like add-one. The upcoming tsv is a quality product, but something is just off about the design. I think I am guessing right when I say a QVC committee designed it more than Dooney himself. 

I actually didn't like the domed satchel because of those wrap around straps lol. I got last year when they put it on a great clearance price but I returned it because to me the shape was just off. I have the brenna from last year in hunter and that one I love! This new TSV looks nice to me but agree that it's like parts from different previous designs but to me it seems it has the better parts of other bags. I personally do like the zip zip but hated the straps and I did want it bigger which this one is plus the pocket outside. The shoulder strap may be too long but I could use the strap from brenna as someone suggested. I'm a member of a dooney FB group and the ladies there agree this one is nice but we all agree it looks heavy

Respected Contributor

I do love domed satchels, and I really think this looks like a very well-crafted bag!  For me, handbags are not "needs" but "wants."  I know I have a bit of a problem, but I have very few vices.  So, I do not feel one bit guilty about purchasing this beauty!