Respected Contributor

I just noticed on the Dooney schedule that there is a TSV on November 5th.  I have no idea what it is though.  I guess it will be featured in the November Q magazine!

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 5th!

[ Edited ]

Hi! Yes, I have been waiting. That nov. tsv is earlier than usual, isn't it? Usually it airs closer to Thanksgiving. I have spent way much on dooneys this fall with the last tsv and two new florentine bags, but the anticipation is fun. Usually, I only love one or two of their yearly tsvs. Lest you think I am just a materialistic flake, Dad has dementia and just broke his leg, so he is in the rehab wing of a home temporarily; stepmom has Alzheimer's and moved to a different care home this week, my blind 95-year-old aunt is ill.... My brother's barrier island home in s.e. N.C. was caught in hurricane. Family is the focus of my life, but something as obviously frivolous as a Dooney tsv gives me something silly to look forward to. 

Respected Contributor

Well, LibbyAnnE, you certainly have your challenges, but I agree, sometimes it's fun to look forward to a new handbag for the holidays.  And yes, it is earlier this year - normally, it is around Thanksgiving!

Hope all is well with you and your family!

Respected Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

Well, LibbyAnnE, you certainly have your challenges, but I agree, sometimes it's fun to look forward to a new handbag for the holidays.  And yes, it is earlier this year - normally, it is around Thanksgiving!

Hope all is well with you and your family!

@stellabystarlight

Hello. Thanks so much. Everyone has "stuff" they are going through. The great blessing is that my elderly loved ones have lived very healthy lives into their 90s -- well, mother is "just" 90! 

Respected Contributor

Hope this one is for me!  Havent bit on a tsv since the daffodyls.  Hope it is coated cotton.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

Hi! Yes, I have been waiting. That nov. tsv is earlier than usual, isn't it? Usually it airs closer to Thanksgiving. I have spent way much on dooneys this fall with the last tsv and two new florentine bags, but the anticipation is fun. Usually, I only love one or two of their yearly tsvs. Lest you think I am just a materialistic flake, Dad has dementia and just broke his leg, so he is in the rehab wing of a home temporarily; stepmom has Alzheimer's and moved to a different care home this week, my blind 95-year-old aunt is ill.... My brother's barrier island home in s.e. N.C. was caught in hurricane. Family is the focus of my life, but something as obviously frivolous as a Dooney tsv gives me something silly to look forward to. 

@libbyannE

You deserve to buy what u like. Sorry for everything ur going thru. I'm basically alone - and sometimes I order things on-line to make me feel better. I use and wear everything I order - so things don't sit in boxes in my closet. I have 8 Dooneys -- 8 gorgeous nylon small purses (varied colors) and 1 pebbled leather satchel (emerald green). They do make me happy!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE

You deserve to buy what u like. Sorry for everything ur going thru. I'm basically alone - and sometimes I order things on-line to make me feel better. I use and wear everything I order - so things don't sit in boxes in my closet. I have 8 Dooneys -- 8 gorgeous nylon small purses (varied colors) and 1 pebbled leather satchel (emerald green). They do make me happy!!!!

@kivah

hi. I so appreciate your message. One of my favorite dooneys this summer has been the large Cristina crafted with marigold yellow nylon and leather. The color makes me smile. I was reading about color therapy again recently and was reminded that yellow is an antidote to grief! You probably choose your colorful bags to suit your mood or to balance emotions, too! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Shawnie, I doubt that it will be a coated cotton for the winter.  Maybe it will be something in suede!

Respected Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

Shawnie, I doubt that it will be a coated cotton for the winter.  Maybe it will be something in suede!

Still waiting for my cat!  HaHa!  Guess we will know when the Insider comes out maybe Sunday.

Honored Contributor

I would love, love. love a suede satchel.  Suede takes color so well.  Love it.  Since it will be "the Christmas bag" I'm guessing it will be something more universally appealing.  (Code for boring.) Woman Indifferent