Occasional Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 14 - Pebble Leather Satchel!

[ Edited ]

@gramygram wrote:

Bemo congratulations on your new bag! I'm thinking of getting the red as well. My daughter wants me to get the hunter but I don't like green. Do the short straps lay down if you carry it by long strap? The pictures make the short straps look weird. Also wondering about width with the "bumper" guard lol

Gramygram

I measured the bags width while I was wearing it.. It measures 6 inches with all my stuff in it.  The handles on my bag look just like the photo that you are talking about. when it is sitting on my table.  When I carry the bag on my shoulder with the long stap the handles lay flatter because the bag is against my body.  I think the handles will lay flatter as the leather on the bag softens.  The bag is very comfortable on my shoulder.  I took one piece of the strap off so the strap would not be crossbody length.  The handles do not get in the way when I carry the bag by the strap on my shoulder.  I hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the information on the elephant color.  I may have to rethink my position on that one... thinking

Trusted Contributor

Bemo thanks for your reply! That helps a lot!

New Contributor

Bemo, thank you for your description of the bag!  I'm thinking about ordering it in Elephant since I don't have a bag that color.  I'm not a fan of the long crossbody strap so I would remove the center strap also.  Can you please tell me the strap drop when the center part is removed.  I don't want it really short so it's under my arm so hoping it's still 12-13 inches in drop.  I was wondering the same thing about the short handles Gramygram.  Glad to know they don't stick out as it shows in the picture when carrying the bag.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

LinKat67

Yes the strap drop is 12-13 inches when the center strap piece is removed.  This measurement is when the buckle is in the last hole.  There are extra holes to make the strap drop less that 13 inches for those that want it shorter.

New Contributor

Thank you!  That helps a lot.  I think this will be a Christmas/b-day present for meSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

thank you stellabystarlight, i appreciate  the info.  i hope to buy another flourentine, but i have bought 6 bags this year, really to many, your blog is great and very helpful.

Respected Contributor

The first TSV pre-order bag, Brenna, now has it's first REVIEW posted!

To my relief, the reviewer says the small handles can fold down on the INSIDE of the bag. Excellent design feature! I just wouldn't ever carry this bag on my arm by the short handles.

Still waiting for my black Brenna to arrive, possibly Friday. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

My TSV Brenna pre-order arrived this afternoon. 

It is going back.

The handles that the reviewer said fold down really don't. So you're stuck with them sticking up, ruining the line (the Barlow doesn't have this).

For those considering it, though, the pebble leather was like the hobo logo pebble leather; not the puddle-pebble of the GILI Roma 2. So it has a LOT of structure, if that's your preference.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

My TSV Brenna pre-order arrived this afternoon. 

It is going back.

The handles that the reviewer said fold down really don't. So you're stuck with them sticking up, ruining the line (the Barlow doesn't have this).

For those considering it, though, the pebble leather was like the hobo logo pebble leather; not the puddle-pebble of the GILI Roma 2. So it has a LOT of structure, if that's your preference.

Wow, sorry it didn't work out for you.  I'm not doubting what you're saying, but I like to know why the handles don't fold when the bracket they're on should fold.  I won't see mine until Monday I think.  If that's the case, I think mine will go back and I'll probably order the barlow bag.   I knew I should have gone with that one, but the problem with that bag is before you load it up it's over 3 lbs!!!  I don't want a pinched nerve in my shoulder.  I may just return this and call it a day, lol