Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 14 - Pebble Leather Satchel!

@gramygram wrote:

Aww BlingQueen you are so sweet! Thank you! I will be ordering the Hunter in this bag because it looks like a very deep green. It also seems to go well with the trim. I will likely be joining my fellow bag lovers in the outhouse lol Woman Very Happy

@gramygram You'd better lay low gramygram...that O.H. is getting quite crowded and I think stevieb has ordered a few more due to our recent handbag and other jewelry purchases! Woman Surprised Good luck laying low, by the way! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

When I came home from work this afternoon my Pebble Leather Satchel in hunter green had arrived.  I love it.  I have a Janine bag in the ivy and this one is just a shade or so darker.  It is a silhouette I don't recall seeing in a Dooney bag before.  The bag is not overly large which is  good thing since I am not a big bag girl.  Lots of organization and room to carry everything you would need.  The handles will fold down on the inside of the bag if you want to carry the bag crossbody or on the shoulder.  The will not fold down on the outside of the bag because of the additional pockets on the front and back.  That is not an issue for me.  Love the matching leather pouch as well.  I am a happy camper.

So glad you love your new bag kentuckyWoman!  Isn't that green just the perfect shade of hunter!  I have to say I only looked at it very quickly after I almost got all the wrapping off of it.  It was inbetween running errands and I only folded down the handles when the bag was shut.  I still haven't even unwrapped the handles yet and the strap and haven't unwrapped the pouch yet.  When the handles fit inside your bag do they sit in the outside pockets?  In the morning I need to play with this bag some and get it fully unwrapped.  I'm totally thrilled with the weight of this bag.  I expected a very heavy handbag, but that's not the case with this one.  It's very light in weight.  I'm also a happy camper with this particular Dooney.  I think it's a great value and a good choice for a tsv bag.  Carry yours in the best of health and enjoy it.  

Thank you @BlingQueen022

Update on handles and shoulder straps and handles:

I have had some time to play with the bag this morning and here are my observations:

• There are three compartments.  One front pocket, the middle compartment where you will place most of your things and a back pocket
  • If you carry the bag crossbody or on the shoulder you can fold the handles down inside the middle or main compartment.  This morning, I found it made more sense to fold the handles down into the front and back pockets.  It makes it easier to get into the main compartment and at the same time doesn't interfere with whatever you place in the front and back pocket.  It is a clean look and not at all cumbersome.  You can experiment and find what works best for you.  If you don't fold the handles down, they just fall to the front of the bag. 
  • The crossbody straps are very long.  I am almost 5'9" tall.  If I adjust the straps at their longest the top of the bag hits my hip bone and the bottom of the bag almost to my knees.  I adjusted it to the shortest point and the top of the bag hit me at my waist and the bottom of the bag sat just below my hip bone. 
  • The straps come in three sections so you can remove the crossbody strap and carry it as a shoulder bag.  I adjusted the shoulder straps to their shortest length so the bottom of the bag hits just slightly below my waist.  I would fold the handles down into the exterior pockets when I carry it on the shoulder because they would drive me nuts otherwise.  You can remove the straps completely and carry by the handles only.

I love this bag.  The hunter green is just a shade deeper than the Dooney ivy and I love it!  I think this is a bag you can customize to suit your needs on any given day.  I hope I haven't rambled too much.  Hope this helps.

What a "doll" you are for taking the  time to post all you did about the strap and the handles.  I just now finished taking all the wrapping off and loading this beautiful bag up.  I'm 5' 4" and to use the strap at it's longest length is too long for me to use as a shoulder strap, so I, too, made it to the shortest length and it's perfect for a shoulder strap.  It even passes the "elbow" test.  That's even better.  

I followed your directions about the handles folding down into the pockets and it works from the middle and from the outside pockets.  But you know what, even if you don't fold the handles down you can just lay down the handles from the bag and still carry this bag as a shoulder strap bag.  I don't find that the handles get in the way of doing this.  I think a person has the choice of hiding the handles or just moving them to the side.  This bag has a ton of options as to how to carry it.  It's a very functional bag.  After loading up the bag, the snap closures are very strong and I didn't have a problem of them popping out.  After doing all this now, I still think this bag is a keeper.  

Thanks to your easy written instructions, I know how to hide the handles if I have to.  You are fabulous to have posted this.  It's very much appreciated.  Thank you so much, and have many happy, healthy years carrying this beauty of a bag.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

Aww BlingQueen you are so sweet! Thank you! I will be ordering the Hunter in this bag because it looks like a very deep green. It also seems to go well with the trim. I will likely be joining my fellow bag lovers in the outhouse lol Woman Very Happy

You are so welcomed Gramygram.  You picked a great color to order that's for sure.  This is just my opinion, but I think the best colors for a good color match on the trim would be this hunter green or the midnight blue.  Please post a review after you receive yours, I'm anxious to see how you love the hunter green color.  Carry in the best of health and enjoy it.  I think this is a great functional handbag.  You have so many options with this bag.  I love the fact it has these different sections to it.  Everything stays in place and you can see where everything is.