Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV November 14 - Pebble Leather Satchel!

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Bling @BlingQueen022, girl friend, me too. I've loved purses since I was old enough to know what they were... I have no explanation, but I just adored them and still do.:

I hear ya StevieB.  I love handbags as much as I love leaving the house with a little piece of bling on my ring finger, lol.  

Hahahaha... @BlingQueen022. Yes mam, that too...  Rings, and bags and to a slightly lesser extent, watches too. 

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

I had a nice surprise when I came back home from running errands.  My beautiful Hunter Green TSV bag was waiting for me.  I think the bag is gorgeous especially in the hunter green color.  Perfect shade.  the bag isn't as big as I thought it would be which is nice.  Yes the handles don't go all the way down, but for me it's ok.  I haven't put the strap on the bag yet though, but even with the handles down halfway I don't think it will be a problem with me.  I'm very happy with this bag.  I couldn't have gotten a better color.  the hunter green is a perfect match color for the bumpers on the corner of the bag.  I'm keeping my bag because it's very light weight and the leather is fabulous and the bag isn't huge.  I really like this bag.  

@BlingQueen022 Thank you so much for your review, Bling Queen!!! I am thinking of ordering the Hunter Green! I appreciate your review. Enjoy your beautiful new pebble leather Hunter Green TSV bag and wear it in the best of health, you nice, cute lady!!! Woman Very Happy

EdithEllenLilly you cutie pie, if you don't order this bag in the hunter green I'm going to whip you with the crossbody strap hahahahahahahahaha (just kidding).  Im all seriousness, you will be drooling when you see this bag in hunter in person.  Totally fabulous.  Hope you've been well Edith.  Thank you for your well wishes, you are such a cutie pie.  Always love reading your posts.  What handbag lovers we are.  I think I've loved handbags ever since I was a child and was able to carry a purse.  lol  

OMG, LOL @BlingQueen022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL You are a riot. Okay, I will keep you posted about this Hunter Green TSV, which I think is a true TSV with the size of the bag and the pouch. I'm hanging in there, health-wise! Woman Surprised Yes, we ARE true handbag lovers, Bling Queen! I was the same way about wanting to carry a handbag as a little girl. There are some funny photos of me dressed up for church with my tiny square satchel hung over my arm...and I had the biggest smile on my face!!! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I have loved handbags and rings since I was a little girl too.  As for the bags, I really used to think something was wrong with me until I was in a handbag department drooling over the goodies and a girl near me said, " I think I am addicted to handbags."  Well that just did it for me as I knew I was not alone!  Thank you all for the validation!

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

I had a nice surprise when I came back home from running errands.  My beautiful Hunter Green TSV bag was waiting for me.  I think the bag is gorgeous especially in the hunter green color.  Perfect shade.  the bag isn't as big as I thought it would be which is nice.  Yes the handles don't go all the way down, but for me it's ok.  I haven't put the strap on the bag yet though, but even with the handles down halfway I don't think it will be a problem with me.  I'm very happy with this bag.  I couldn't have gotten a better color.  the hunter green is a perfect match color for the bumpers on the corner of the bag.  I'm keeping my bag because it's very light weight and the leather is fabulous and the bag isn't huge.  I really like this bag.  

@BlingQueen022 Thank you so much for your review, Bling Queen!!! I am thinking of ordering the Hunter Green! I appreciate your review. Enjoy your beautiful new pebble leather Hunter Green TSV bag and wear it in the best of health, you nice, cute lady!!! Woman Very Happy

EdithEllenLilly you cutie pie, if you don't order this bag in the hunter green I'm going to whip you with the crossbody strap hahahahahahahahaha (just kidding).  Im all seriousness, you will be drooling when you see this bag in hunter in person.  Totally fabulous.  Hope you've been well Edith.  Thank you for your well wishes, you are such a cutie pie.  Always love reading your posts.  What handbag lovers we are.  I think I've loved handbags ever since I was a child and was able to carry a purse.  lol  

OMG, LOL @BlingQueen022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL You are a riot. Okay, I will keep you posted about this Hunter Green TSV, which I think is a true TSV with the size of the bag and the pouch. I'm hanging in there, health-wise! Woman Surprised Yes, we ARE true handbag lovers, Bling Queen! I was the same way about wanting to carry a handbag as a little girl. There are some funny photos of me dressed up for church with my tiny square satchel hung over my arm...and I had the biggest smile on my face!!! Woman Very Happy

lol  You are a true cutie pie!  I can picture you now struting your little cute face with that little satchel on your arm.  I would have walked up to your mom and told her what a sweet, cute little girl you are! Just love ya.Heart

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

lol  You are a true cutie pie!  I can picture you now struting your little cute face with that little satchel on your arm.  I would have walked up to your mom and told her what a sweet, cute little girl you are! Just love ya.Heart

Awwwww Bling Queen, you are sooooo sweet!!! Heart You made my day and it just started! You are a lot of fun on these boards and always touch my heart. Thank you!!! Woman Happy

I do have to tell you that I just ordered the Dooney Hunter TSV handbag and it's scheduled to arrive later this week! I'm so excited! Woman Very Happy I hope you have a wonderful weekend @BlingQueen022!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Awwwww Bling Queen, you are sooooo sweet!!! Heart You made my day and it just started! You are a lot of fun on these boards and always touch my heart. Thank you!!! Woman Happy

I do have to tell you that I just ordered the Dooney Hunter TSV handbag and it's scheduled to arrive later this week! I'm so excited! Woman Very Happy I hope you have a wonderful weekend @BlingQueen022!!! 

AWWWW, I'm a blushing you cutie pie!  Thank you.  I can say the same for you.  I"m thrilled you ordered that bag, but most of all, you will love that hunter color.  I'm anxious to hear your review of it.  I'm going to tell the Handbag Gods to send this beauty of a bag to you in a speedy manner.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  What a cutie pie you are!!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I have loved handbags and rings since I was a little girl too.  As for the bags, I really used to think something was wrong with me until I was in a handbag department drooling over the goodies and a girl near me said, " I think I am addicted to handbags."  Well that just did it for me as I knew I was not alone!  Thank you all for the validation!

Stella @stellabystarlight, you are SO not alone...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

When I came home from work this afternoon my Pebble Leather Satchel in hunter green had arrived.  I love it.  I have a Janine bag in the ivy and this one is just a shade or so darker.  It is a silhouette I don't recall seeing in a Dooney bag before.  The bag is not overly large which is  good thing since I am not a big bag girl.  Lots of organization and room to carry everything you would need.  The handles will fold down on the inside of the bag if you want to carry the bag crossbody or on the shoulder.  The will not fold down on the outside of the bag because of the additional pockets on the front and back.  That is not an issue for me.  Love the matching leather pouch as well.  I am a happy camper.

So glad you love your new bag kentuckyWoman!  Isn't that green just the perfect shade of hunter!  I have to say I only looked at it very quickly after I almost got all the wrapping off of it.  It was inbetween running errands and I only folded down the handles when the bag was shut.  I still haven't even unwrapped the handles yet and the strap and haven't unwrapped the pouch yet.  When the handles fit inside your bag do they sit in the outside pockets?  In the morning I need to play with this bag some and get it fully unwrapped.  I'm totally thrilled with the weight of this bag.  I expected a very heavy handbag, but that's not the case with this one.  It's very light in weight.  I'm also a happy camper with this particular Dooney.  I think it's a great value and a good choice for a tsv bag.  Carry yours in the best of health and enjoy it.  

Thank you @BlingQueen022

Update on handles and shoulder straps and handles:

I have had some time to play with the bag this morning and here are my observations:

• There are three compartments.  One front pocket, the middle compartment where you will place most of your things and a back pocket
  • If you carry the bag crossbody or on the shoulder you can fold the handles down inside the middle or main compartment.  This morning, I found it made more sense to fold the handles down into the front and back pockets.  It makes it easier to get into the main compartment and at the same time doesn't interfere with whatever you place in the front and back pocket.  It is a clean look and not at all cumbersome.  You can experiment and find what works best for you.  If you don't fold the handles down, they just fall to the front of the bag. 
  • The crossbody straps are very long.  I am almost 5'9" tall.  If I adjust the straps at their longest the top of the bag hits my hip bone and the bottom of the bag almost to my knees.  I adjusted it to the shortest point and the top of the bag hit me at my waist and the bottom of the bag sat just below my hip bone. 
  • The straps come in three sections so you can remove the crossbody strap and carry it as a shoulder bag.  I adjusted the shoulder straps to their shortest length so the bottom of the bag hits just slightly below my waist.  I would fold the handles down into the exterior pockets when I carry it on the shoulder because they would drive me nuts otherwise.  You can remove the straps completely and carry by the handles only.

I love this bag.  The hunter green is just a shade deeper than the Dooney ivy and I love it!  I think this is a bag you can customize to suit your needs on any given day.  I hope I haven't rambled too much.  Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, KentuckyWoman, for your review!  I was curious about the handles as well.  I am waiting for the on-air presentation, but I will order the Hunter too!  The bag, IMHO, is very chic and understated, and from what I have read, the leather is that same Italian leather from the Logo Lock.  Scrumptious is the word I would use to describe it!  Well, Dooney Days will begin on the Q on November 10th so I will try to pace myself accordingly.  With Christmas around the corner, I really don't want to get myself in trouble!

Trusted Contributor

Aww BlingQueen you are so sweet! Thank you! I will be ordering the Hunter in this bag because it looks like a very deep green. It also seems to go well with the trim. I will likely be joining my fellow bag lovers in the outhouse lol Woman Very Happy