Respected Contributor

Hmmmm, in the last day or 2, several times I have seen a quick Q ad showing A Dooney  tote with small change purse. It was navy blue and it looked the new nylon- I betcha that's the TSV.... 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Hmmmm, in the last day or 2, several times I have seen a quick Q ad showing A Dooney  tote with small change purse. It was navy blue and it looked the new nylon- I betcha that's the TSV.... 

Good sleuthing.  Has it appeared on the website?  I'm going to do a quick scan...

Respected Contributor

No, I dont see it on the website anywhere. I've seen it as a quick passing ad on TV for a few seconds... 

Honored Contributor

I think I saw the bag you're talking about.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon , do you think it will be the TSV? 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21   I'm not sure because that tote is part of the Wayfarer collection and it has been around a couple of seasons.  However, it is entirely possible that they would add additional colors as well as an accessory piece and offer it up as a TSV. 

For a short time there was a similar tote with both short handles and longer tote handles in a very similar, if not the same style.  I would be all over that one if it were a TSV because I don't think you can find it anymore.

The only Wayfarer tote they have with short handles is one with a cross-body strap.  I'm not interested in that one because I don't think you can just plop a long strap on any bag and call it cross-body.

(In case you can't tell, I'm a satchel girl. Smiley Happy)

But back to your question; given that they seem to be showing that additional accessory with the tote, you may be right about it being a TSV.

Honored Contributor

My apologies if you clicked on this thinking "maybe faerie has some news", but alas I don't.  Has anyone deduced anything yet?  Could be a little project for anyone going stir crazy...

Honored Contributor

I've also seen that quick look at a Dooney Nylon and wondered if that was the TSV.  I love Dooneys but I'm only interested in the leather ones... especially Florentine.  I look forward to the TSVs every year but not interested in Nylon (or Saffiano, the only leather I don't like)....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I hope it isn't a nylon tote (that is overpriced)-I'm guessing ... $199?  
Dreaming of a softer leather satchel or mid size crossbody ...Just dreamin...

Handbags are a great distraction.  My faves have a clever design element, are functional, mid- lightweight, as well as soft leather ( not totally slouchy, but not super structured either) and curved aesthetic. I keep going back to my lightweight plum pebbled Cooper hobo, or my bubblegum Zip zip-  

Just for fun... Wondering what features you all like best in your fave bags??  

Respected Contributor

Skyegirl:  I'll play along.... what do I like in a handbag.....

Great leather....Alto, Florentine, Pebble, or Smooth.

Also,  I like the embossed leathers.... ostrich and croco, and

the way Dooney does its embossed woven look leathers.

I don't care for Saffiano or coated cotton or coated canvas.  They look fine,  I just don't like the feel.

Nor do I like untreated Vachetta (it seems to be a stain magnet for me).   Dooney nylon is excellent quality,  but I recently bought 2 and that's enough.  I really prefer to collect leather handbags.

As for style.... satchel, zip top, hand carry double handle.

And I prefer structure to slouchy.  And I want a decent base on the handbag.... at least 5 inches deep.  Some totes are good,  but the base is either too narrow (like the small Lexington, or the overall size at the base is too small,  like the Janie.

And colors.... bring them on.... cool and vibrant.... blues, purples, pinks, reds.  I may be the only one who doesn't droll over brown, tan, saddle, elephant, natural etc.  in the fall/winter,  wines and burgundy, black, grey, dark forest greens are welcome.  Now I'm ready for spring!

Anyone else......