Honored Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

And I must say I'm a little disappointed.  I was fairly certain it was going to be from the Beacon collection, which it is.  That being said, why is the strap drop only 8.5?  A 10 " would have made it much more user freindly. .  Also - 2 lbs. 8 oz. - that's a pretty hefty bag empty.  Right now it's an easy pass for me.  Super cute, but just not for me.

@DianeFM I have the same two issues that you have. Not for me, either! 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@DianeFM wrote:

And I must say I'm a little disappointed.  I was fairly certain it was going to be from the Beacon collection, which it is.  That being said, why is the strap drop only 8.5?  A 10 " would have made it much more user freindly. .  Also - 2 lbs. 8 oz. - that's a pretty hefty bag empty.  Right now it's an easy pass for me.  Super cute, but just not for me.

@DianeFM I have the same two issues that you have. Not for me, either! 

Same for me.  The weight was a deal killer right off the bat for me.  

Honored Contributor

Looks like a NO for me too. Saw comments about water spotting it and scratches can't be rubbed out. Was hopeful at first but I'll pass on the TSV.

Valued Contributor

That style is not my favorite.....it's a no for me -- plus even as a TSV the prices are too high. I could get that cheaper elsewhere if I waited.

Honored Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

@DianeFM  I’m so disappointed not to have my red TSV. It’s difficult to find one w/o the brown straps/trim.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV Is Up!

[ Edited ]

I was hoping against hope that it would be a florentine TSV.  Not impressed with the style or the leather and especially not the length of the handles.  Please Please Please consider bringing back some really nice Florentine Bags to QVC.  

Contributor

Where to start! First off, this TSV in my opinion looks like a “tweaked” version of the Lexington shopper, and that’s my main issue with Dooney. Their bags are increasingly beginning to look the same to me. The last time they had a TSV that was new and exciting was the Brenna satchel. There are dozens (if not hundreds) of places to buy quality handbags, so why would I want to keep buying variations of the same design? I could go on and on, but I won’t. I have decided the Dooney bags and the presentations are no longer for me.

Honored Contributor

I really don't like the sealant on the straps facing out instead of facing inward.... yes I'm picky at $200.  I also don't like how the straps are attached to the bag, leather on leather and I know what happens to leather on leather when it's stressed!  I want hardware.   I really wanted this tote in red but I'm not buying it.... who's idea was it to make the handle sealant a design feature....?  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Aunt @libbyannE, there you are. Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

I love this bag.  I saw some comments in the TSV forum that people don't like the contrast stitching but that is one of the things I like the most about this bag.  I have been wanting a tote for a long time as my everyday bag but they are either way too big, have no closure, handles are all wrong and on and on and on. 

My only issue as I stated in the other thread is the zipper set down into the bag instead of right across the top.  I've had other bags with zippers like this and they are always a pain to zip.  I have to use both hands to zip across.  I'm hoping that's not an issue here.  I'm seriously considering.

I thought about waiting for as-is but I've noticed as-is seems to be getting slim pickings anymore.        

@Lipstickdiva

I’m your auntie! How fun! Eventually, the Dooney site will have another big sake, so you might find it then at a few dollars less than the tsv price plus qvc shipping and sales tax. Because I wanted to be sure to get the gifts for my nieces, I decided not to wait. I have had good luck with the few as-is bags that I have bought. (I only returned one because it was missing the dust bag).

I like market totes with no zipper. I figure that I would probably tuck the leather collar in and never zip mine shut. My college nieces will stuff theirs, so I doubt they will close them, either. I like the flexibility of being able to tuck in that leather collar and use the bag as an open tote, unless I am trekking around, say, Manhattan where I would want more security.