Respected Contributor

I'm a Dooney girl from way back, but I can honestly say that I'm not tempted by this bag.  I'm not crazy about the shape, but I'm happy for those who love it.  Enjoy your purchase!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

I like the bag a lot but the one thing that stopped me was the small opening.

That would drive me nuts.

Valued Contributor

@Quse After much back and forth between the chestnut and natural I ordered the natural. I like the idea of it developing a patina after a while and that look is appealing to me. I like vintage looking leather instead of the perfect unblemished leather that a lot of seem to prefer. What clinched it to me was a video on YouTube where a lady pulled out her old dooney natural purse from storage and it had developed into a richer color over time.

Respected Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

@Quse After much back and forth between the chestnut and natural I ordered the natural. I like the idea of it developing a patina after a while and that look is appealing to me. I like vintage looking leather instead of the perfect unblemished leather that a lot of seem to prefer. What clinched it to me was a video on YouTube where a lady pulled out her old dooney natural purse from storage and it had developed into a richer color over time.

Are you referring to the Palamino?

Respected Contributor

Easy no go for me because of weight, opening and strap drop.  Even with the blond skinny Sue C. stand in early this am it was right up under her armpit.  Nope.  Also dont need accessories and charging shipping is just greedy.  I do like the look of the leather and not having the button hole adjustment system on the strap.  Enjoy if my no goes arent an issue to you.

Honored Contributor

@Quse,   I did not think the price was TSV material but that's my opinion.  Doonies are way over priced.  Pass for me.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Shawnie No I was responding to Quse question about the Florentine Brenna.

@Shawnie wrote:

@Tsukiko wrote:

Are you referring to the Palamino?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV 8/19/2017

[ Edited ]

QVC has reported a significant drop in handbag sales this quarter and over several quarters. While this might be somewhat of an industry-wide phenomenon, you also have to wonder if sales here aren't down, at least in part, due to the facts that they over-saturate their customer base with this brand... they rarely offer an honest to goodness sale or discount and because of that TWELVE DOLLAR SHIPPING CHARGE...

This bag, for example, costs over two hundred dollars. the delivered price, with tax and shipping. is probably closer to two hundred fifty. At that price point, they should ship free or at the very least at a reduced rate. QVC really needs to get with the program or face the fact that many customers will be buying their bags elsewhere...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Easy pass for me.  I don't like the shoulder strap and my preference is a bag with handles and a shoulder strap.  I usually carry my bags by the handle oddly enough.  Also the opening of the bag looks similar to a croco fino Dooney I have had for years.  I love it but it was the type of opening as the TSV and it is a small opening and can be difficult to carry a large clutch wallet which I do.  I hope those who purchase love it!

Valued Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

@TsukikoThat's so funny, I was thinking the exact same way btwn Natural & Chestnut, then decided on the natural, but most of the jewelry I wear now is silver tone or white gold and most of what I wear tends to be in the gray family....so I'm waffling again. Then I watched the presentation again, and fell in love with the Navy.

I do like the idea of a natural patina too though...and I don't have that color

Enjoy your new bag!