Respected Contributor

Dooney Super Saturday Cross Body Bag Comments?

What do you think of the Cross Body Dooney Bag for Super Saturday?  Anyone have something similar?  I've read where some people refer to the leather as looking like plastic.  Your comments? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Super Saturday Cross Body Bag Comments?

@CalMom wrote:

What do you think of the Cross Body Dooney Bag for Super Saturday?  Anyone have something similar?  I've read where some people refer to the leather as looking like plastic.  Your comments? Thanks!

Hi DogLvr .....  I do not have any similar handbags.  However, I was at a Dooney & Bourke outlet this past Monday.  They had several saffiano leather bags.  It is a textured leather ... but it did not resemble plastic imho.  The Dooney bag for Super Saturday is nice ..but much too small for my purposes.  HTH, Maria

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi DogLvr, I do own a few bags in the Saffiano Leather ( Rebecca Minkoff). I find this leather to be durable, have a nice saturation in color and feature a really nice texture. The Dooney Saffianos seem very similar to the Minkoffs...if you like the bag, I would recommend it...and it's for a good cause to boot.

Super Contributor

I was disappointed that this was the sappiano.  YES it looks like very cheap plastic. Saw it in the stores. kors started it I think and. Theirs also looks plastic!!!! I'm not buying even though I love the style and color.  I really dislike it, looks very cheap to me. 

Honored Contributor

Just generally I am not fond of Saffiano Leather even though I love leather!  My first exposure to it was in the Michael Kors line and I just didn't take to it.  Personal preference I guess.  I honestly don't think it looks like plastic.... but there is a resemblence to Dooney's textured coated cotton.... imho...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Not a fan of this leather.  It's to stiff for me. 

Honored Contributor

We all have different tastes and make different choices.  I don't tend toward smaller bags but have always liked this one enough to purchase it.  That said, I always found it overpriced for the size of the bag.  If any color other than hot pink was currently available, I'd jump on it at this price.  

Personally, I love Saffinao leather, do not find it 'cheap' looking nor do I find it appears to be 'plastic'.  I like all kinds and textures of leather and when Saffiano is done well, and Dooney does it well, I find it to be a very classic look.  Just as with all kinds and textures of leather, there are clealry Saffiano simulants in pleather.  While those simulants might better approximate the look of Saffiano leather than do simulants for other textures that, to me, doesn't mean the real deal looks like anything less than what it is.  So, OP, if you like hot pink I'd say go for it... 

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This is my take on Saffiano leather: Regardless of the brand, l find it to be high quality, durable and soil-resistant. I buy it in light colors for summer wear. Other types of leather in light colors show dirt, and color transfer from blue jeans, much more than the Saffiano. 

I think the crossbody in hot pink is pretty, I personally can't use that style b/c l carry around way too much stuff, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I agree handygal, it's low maintenance and durable.  And to me, those are good things...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...