Honored Contributor

Dooney Subforum open in "my favorite brand"

Go post there lol.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Subforum open in "my favorite brand"

I guess there's a reason they did it as they did, but I think to most of us it would've made a lot more sense to have those 'brands' grouped under the more generic categories to which they best fit...  Dooney under handbags, Linea under fashion, and so on, as they were on the old forums...  I guess time will tell, but I suspect I won't be often going to those forums since we won't see the headings under the more generic category listings.  Not a big deal, and I guess this way they serve to have all the 'name' brandsby the Q hanging together

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I guess there's a reason they did it as they did, but I think to most of us it would've made a lot more sense to have those 'brands' grouped under the more generic categories to which they best fit...  Dooney under handbags, Linea under fashion, and so on, as they were on the old forums...  I guess time will tell, but I suspect I won't be often going to those forums since we won't see the headings under the more generic category listings.  Not a big deal, and I guess this way they serve to have all the 'name' brandsby the Q hanging together

Once again, at least for me, stevieb says what we are thinking but not writing. When I saw this post yesterday I rolled my eyes (obviously nothing personal to our friend jaxs mom for pointing it out). It really makes me wonder exactly who is doing this new Forum design/layout! Certainly it is not someone familiar with the old Forums OR someone who shops at QVC and communicates online. I think that the new Forum designers need to keep "like items" together for the ease of viewing and communicating as stevieb described above. All of the ongoing changes based on users' suggestions point to a hurried job on these new Forums, and I do wonder if there was any beta testing. I am thankful for the Handbags Forum and will continue to look for interesting handbag topics from all brands in there.

Honored Contributor

I could be wrong, but I don't see myself being a frequent contributor to the Dooney forum at this point...  My interest in the brand has been waning for some time, anyway, but by virtue of it now being an altogether separate forum, I suspect the bulk of my handbag discussion will remain in the handbag forum...  It's no big deal and I'm glad they brought it back for those who still find the brand highly interesting, but it is what it is...  It seems the whole 'favorite brands' category is designed to highlight QVC top sellers, which, I suppose, makes some level of sense.  I do find it interesting, though, that while they clearly included other house brands, they don't appear to have included Gili...

Honored Contributor

Yes, I noticed no GILI, too. I think everyone should get their fill of GILI this year and possibly into next spring, as product development does take time. GILI is so tied in our memories to LR (still miss her) that I doubt if the Q will continue the GILI line long-term.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Yes, I noticed no GILI, too. I think everyone should get their fill of GILI this year and possibly into next spring, as product development does take time. GILI is so tied in our memories to LR (still miss her) that I doubt if the Q will continue the GILI line long-term.

I actually hope they don't and if they do, I sincerely hope they catch on to the fact that a spokesmodel isn't actually a necessity.  The line, like their other house brands, SO does not need to be tied to any specific on-air 'talent'... or lack thereof...