Contributor

Dooney Smooth Leather Small Barlow Satchel

Does anyone own the Dooney small Barlow satchel?  I have not seen a Dooney bag in the smooth leather.  Most of the reviews are good, but one person said it felt like plastic. Can anyone tell me anything about this type of Dooney leather?  I really like the dusty rose color. I was hoping they would do a zip zip satchel in the dusty rose color. 

Super Contributor

Re: Dooney Smooth Leather Small Barlow Satchel

I bought it from Dooney; but exchanged it as I couldn't get passed the handles and the "wavy side pockets".  Leather was not my favorite.  I got the Florentine drawstring with the outside zip.  Best of Luck.

Regular Contributor

I have one, and I rarely use.  I just don't like the leather as well.  It seems so stiff.  I have the mauve/pink color.  I wore it with jeans (that I have worn and washed multiple times), and the jeans somehow made a mark on the leather.  I bought the same bag in Florentine leather, and I absolutely love it.  THAT is how leather is supposed to feel.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the small Barlow in black, and I think it is absolutely gorgeous. Ilove the smooth leather. Mine is soft and I think it will wear beautifully. I love the size of the bag, as too many bags are way too big in my opinion. I live in the Northwest where we get snow and rain, so I need a low maintenance bag (the florentine bags don't do well with getting wet).  I personally love this Dooney the best of the 10 or so I own.

Contributor

Thanks for the info ladies. I saw one on Ebay for a great price. I may get it before it is gone.