Super Contributor

Maybe it's just me, but geez Louis, the Q has over 200 different styles of handbags in their inventory.  Why do they continually show the same bags over and over and over?  I mostly tape the shows and more often than not, I'm fast forwarding as it's all the same ol, same ol.  Any thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Probably because they are the most popular and biggest money makers at QVC.

Respected Contributor

Big Dooney fan here.  I often check the D&B and ILoveDooney websites, and I have to say, Dooney itself is in rut.   Same shapes over and over again, just in different leathers and colors.  QVC can't sell what Dooney doesn't make.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I love Dooney and look forward to the shows.  They are a classic style handbag and that is what I like about them.  With leather prices going through the roof, the Q is probably sticking with what sells right now!

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Dooney fan, so I don't watch the shows.  The bags are just too heavy for me.  Having said that, it would be nice to vary their showings.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

Probably because they are the most popular and biggest money makers at QVC.

If they presented other styles, they too could become popular. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Because D&B are awesome!  Just my opinion -- obviously not yours. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Shows

[ Edited ]

It's not just bags... They run everything into the ground. WIth thousands of items in inventory they still play musical chairs with the same handful of merchandise. As for Dooney, theyve been foisting the brand out there regularly for at least the last decade. I used to faithfully watch the shows but haven't watched a single one in at least five years. Changing things up once in a while might net them more interest from an expanded audience. I grew tired of the brand and yes, agree, tired of seeing the same silhouettes presented both too often and in too long presentations over and over again. Television reruns are one thing, but shopping reruns are something altogether different. Each to their own, but personally, I find seeing the same things presented repeatedly mind numbing. Hence, I stopped watching...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor
What is with the hosts now describing the bags as “she”? It made me laugh out loud! Also using words like delicious, yummy, etc. to describe clothing, accessories, and non-food items. I don’t get it.

In my opinion, The hosts lose credibility when they use words that do not match the high end, higer priced items they are selling. Its hard to justify the purchase of a $250 handbag that is being described in the same manor as someone would use to describe a $25 steak!