Valued Contributor

Dooney: Sale vs Friends/Family discount

The Dooney website has a sale this weekend (just go to their website to see it because this thread will be deleted if coupon code is posted).

My question is this:   Is the 20% sale better than their Friends & Family sale?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney: Sale vs Friends/Family discount

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

The Dooney website has a sale this weekend (just go to their website to see it because this thread will be deleted if coupon code is posted).

My question is this:   Is the 20% sale better than their Friends & Family sale?

Thanks!

@Julie_23  I can't answer yous specific question because I never shopped D&B at their Friends & Family sale. However, I can say that to me, 20% off isn't a 'great' sale when it comes to D&B...JMO.

Unless it's a bag/tote/etc you can't live without, it's difficult to find the design/style in the color you want anywhere else, then consider the 20% off. To me, a great sale is no less than about 30% off, but I usually wait til I can at least get a D&B bag/tote for about 40-50% off...

What bag are you considering getting at the D&B site?  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi @Susan Louise.  I was looking at the Florentine Barlow.  I don't think they usually do 30-40% off sale on that bag.  I'm not sure though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

Hi @Susan Louise.  I was looking at the Florentine Barlow.  I don't think they usually do 30-40% off sale on that bag.  I'm not sure though.

I have seen a few pop up in the D&B QVC 'as is' and there is one that is black and new through EBay...seller rating is 100%....selling for $299.

I don't know what color you were interested in though...

If you can hold out til toward the holidays, you'll find better sales...like at Macy's, Belk, etc. where you may see 25-30% off. You can always try calling a D&B outlet store like I plan on doing anyway. Additionally, at the same time, I don't want to steer you away from a bag you have had your eye on and want to carry for Fall either Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, @Susan Louise.  I was looking at orange on their website.  Not necessarily for the season, though.  Good  suggestion on the outlets -- I called them to see if it was a color they carried.  The outlet said they don't know for sure if it's a color they would carry.  And, I wasn't sure if the 20% sale is better than the Family & Friends sale usually.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23  This is what I posted in your other thread:

There are great pics a seller on EBay posted...and for the Barlow bag you wanted in orange...and it's $299!...so about 33% off.

Put the following in the EBay search bar:

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Leather Large Zip Barlow in ORANGE $458

Wow! What a yummy pumpkin color Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise, thank you!!!!!!   Those photos on ebay are really helpful, too.  On the Dooney website, there is only one photo.  The orange might be brighter than I thought!  

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!   That was so nice of you.  I really appreciate it.

(I'll post this on the other thread too so you see it.)