Contributor

If anyone has a Dooney bag in Saffiano in the Oyster color, does it really have the blush undertones? I have seen the Oyster color in the pebble leather, and I didn't really like it. I was hoping the saffiano would be different. What other neutral colors in saffiano leather would you recommend? Thanks for any help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Saffiano in Oyster

I had a Samba leather ( smooth leather, unlike your pebble leather) oyster bag but I returned it because I didn't care for the pinky, lavender, mauve tones.

Sorry I can't speak about the Saffiano personally, but I have seen it presented, and it looks pretty much like the one I had.

Regular Contributor

@gransandy wrote:

If anyone has a Dooney bag in Saffiano in the Oyster color, does it really have the blush undertones? I have seen the Oyster color in the pebble leather, and I didn't really like it. I was hoping the saffiano would be different. What other neutral colors in saffiano leather would you recommend? Thanks for any help.

@gransandy, just yesterday I received the elephant color in the Saffiano and I love it! It's the Willa satchel and oh my goodness, it is gorgeous! I also saw the pebbled oyster in Belk and didn't care for it at all, but the Saffiano elephant to me is beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

@gransandy wrote:

Hi @gransandy -- While I don't have any Dooney saffiano handbags, I saw a few of them at the Dooney outlet store a few weeks ago. I liked the color oyster in saffiano; I saw it on a small crossbody and I liked oyster better in saffiano than in pebble leather (to me, it's lighter in color in saffiano). I think oyster is a neutral that will go with many things. The other colors I liked in Dooney saffiano were elephant, black, white and the very dark blue, which I think is called midnight. I didn't like the more medium tones like the tan, which I believe is called Natural, and I wasn't crazy about the Camel, either, due to the cross hatches in the saffiano leather. If you can zoom in on some colors you will see what I mean. I hope this helps you, EEL Woman Happy

Contributor

I own the saffiano zip zip in oyster. I've had it a year & get the most compliments on it than any other Dooney or any other bag I have ever owned (and I own over 52 Dooneys alone).  The color has a very subtle blush undertone but it's so neutral I have used it non stop the last 11 months. It goes with everything from black to white & every rainbow color in between. I hope this helps you.

Trusted Contributor

@wild_cherokee_rose wrote:

I own the saffiano zip zip in oyster. I've had it a year & get the most compliments on it than any other Dooney or any other bag I have ever owned (and I own over 52 Dooneys alone).  The color has a very subtle blush undertone but it's so neutral I have used it non stop the last 11 months. It goes with everything from black to white & every rainbow color in between. I hope this helps you.

I just ordered the zip zip DB in saffiano in white but the oyster was my next choice. I did not like the pwbble leather oyster as much in person so didnt want to take a chance on this saffiano one. But your bag sounds like a beauty Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

I just ordered the zip zip DB in saffiano in white but the oyster was my next choice. I did not like the pwbble leather oyster as much in person so didnt want to take a chance on this saffiano one. But your bag sounds like a beauty Smiley Happy

Congrats on ordering your white Dooney zip zip in saffiano @gramygram!!! Enjoy it, EEL Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

Congrats on ordering your white Dooney zip zip in saffiano @gramygram!!! Enjoy it, EEL Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily thanks EEL ! Hopefully this one works out Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thanks everyone for the info. I ordered the saffiano zip zip in oyster. Should be getting it in a few days. I will let you know how I like it. ☺

Contributor

I received my Dooney Saffiano Zip Zip in the Oyster color today, and I love it. It is a perfect neutral with that slightly blush pink undertone. I think I am going to really enjoy carrying this bag. 👍☺