Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 D&B Ruby handbags, and really like the smallness of them.

The style is a cross-body, but has handles on top.  Now that I'm retired, I appreciate a smaller bag.

However, I rarely, if ever, see them for sale on QVC.  Even the I Love Dooney website rarely has them.

I'm assuming the larger totes and bags sell better, but they are just too heavy for me.

Does anyone else like the Ruby or Bitsy bags?

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman I like the Ruby! This one is on sale in three colors on the Dooney site. 

One inside zip pocket. Two inside pockets. Cell phone pocket. Handle drop length 3.5". Strap drop length 25". Lined. Zip closure.

Approximately measures H 6.75" x W 4.25" x L 9" and weighs 1lb 2oz.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Ruby handbags

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman The patent Ruby is also marked down in all colors on the Dooney site! Woman Surprised

Edited to add that I also see the patent Ruby on the ilovedooney dot com site at the same price.

Respected Contributor

No, but I have loved my Dooney Alto “Zola” bag, which is a small satchel style with crossbody strap. I have the black and white one and am thinking of getting it in solid black, because this winter it will work whether I am wearing an LBD and heels or my winter “uniform’ of jeans, cashmere turtleneck, and black paddock boots. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

No, but I have loved my Dooney Alto “Zola” bag, which is a small satchel style with crossbody strap. I have the black and white one and am thinking of getting it in solid black, because this winter it will work whether I am wearing an LBD and heels or my winter “uniform’ of jeans, cashmere turtleneck, and black paddock boots. 

@libbyannE What a gorgeous small bag!! And similar in size to the Ruby.

One outside zip pocket. One inside slip pocket. One inside zip pocket. Adjustable detachable strap. Feet. Lined. Zip closure.

Approximately measures H 7" x W 4.25" x L 8.5" and weighs 1lb 7oz.

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily 

@libbyannE 

I have seen the patent one at I Love Dooney.   Mostly summer colors  now.

Last year, they had a green suede that I wished I'd have gotten.

I'll check the regular Dooney site.

That black and white bag is a knock out!  Wow! 

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Thank you! I love the look, too, and I think the alto bags are great for the price. 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily 

Thank you! I fell in love with it the first time I saw it and have used it a lot.