Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Logo Lock Coin Purse

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Contrary to what the hosts will tell you, they are sold individually on other sites. Still, if she watches QVC, she'll likely know. Hey, either way, it's a nice little gift. I'd be happy to receive one.

Yes, but in very limited colors. QVC has way more colors available. It's too bad, because I would love one of those kiss lock purses, but not in the colors sold on their own and I don't use hobo bags.

True, the best you'll do with other sources is maybe five or so color choices, at best, though some of them are nice. I've often thought Dooney and QVC are sitting on a huge well of untapped potential by not selling them separately. If they think I'm ordering that bag just to get the coin purse in the color of my choice, they'd be seriously mistaken. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

I was also thinking - what if she doesn't like it and asks for a gift receipt?  

In that case, I'd just tell her one isn't available, but that you'd be happy to take it back and then you can give her a gift card, certificate or something else. At the end of the day you ARE paying for this item. It's part of the cost of the bag and so it isn't like you're trying to 'pull a fast one'. Personally, I love the coin purse way more than the bag itself !!!

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

You're right Stevie.  I did pay for it, it's not like someone gave it to me and then I'm passing it on.  I think I am going to gift it to her.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this!

Honored Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

You're right Stevie.  I did pay for it, it's not like someone gave it to me and then I'm passing it on.  I think I am going to gift it to her.  I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this!

Big thumbs up! Hope she loves it!

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

Give it to her with a clear conscience.