Valued Contributor

Question to all of you:  I recently purchased a Dooney Logo Lock bag and I love it.  I like the coin purse, but will probably never use it.  I am thinking about gifting it to a close friend for her birthday.  But I feel a little weird about doing that because I didn't technically purchase it for her.  What would you all do?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Logo Lock Coin Purse

@Arianny wrote:

Question to all of you:  I recently purchased a Dooney Logo Lock bag and I love it.  I like the coin purse, but will probably never use it.  I am thinking about gifting it to a close friend for her birthday.  But I feel a little weird about doing that because I didn't technically purchase it for her.  What would you all do?

Contrary to what the hosts will tell you, they are sold individually on other sites. Still, if she watches QVC, she'll likely know. Hey, either way, it's a nice little gift. I'd be happy to receive one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

I bought that Logo Lock handbag a couple of years ago.  I used it once or twice and found it too heavy.  However, I use the coin purse in every bag I carry and would never part with it!!

If you really don't want to keep it, yes, I think it would make a wonderful gift.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

if she doesnt want it, my birthday is coming up....😀

Honored Contributor

There's no rule that says gifts much be purchased by the giver in order to be appreciated. That implies that gifts are about money, which they shouldn't be. I'd love to get a gift like that.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Contrary to what the hosts will tell you, they are sold individually on other sites. Still, if she watches QVC, she'll likely know. Hey, either way, it's a nice little gift. I'd be happy to receive one.

Yes, but in very limited colors. QVC has way more colors available. It's too bad, because I would love one of those kiss lock purses, but not in the colors sold on their own and I don't use hobo bags.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  I've been going back and forth in my head about this for a few days now.

Honored Contributor

I would gift it.  It's new.  I might feel differently if it was given to me as a gift and I was regifting.

Esteemed Contributor

If it will make you feel better about gifting it...stick a gift card in it...or a pack of gum...some hard candies....write her a poem to tuck inside...there are countless items you can put in the coin purse....but it surely stands alone...

Valued Contributor

I was also thinking - what if she doesn't like it and asks for a gift receipt?