Honored Contributor

Dooney Ladies - I need advice please

I own several dooney styles but these are my 1st cross body purchases. I usually carry a shoulder style dooney from ions ago (I think I bought it 30 years ago I đź’— just the right size).

Macys had a clearance and additional 25% off both these bags. I like the cloth D&B style but think the leather is nice too. Of course, I'm leaning towards keeping both because the price was so great!

My ? : How durable is the "cloth" style for everyday wear? The leather is heavy already before adding my stuff.

thank you.

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney Ladies - I need advice please

Dooney leather bags are all heavy before you add your stuff...but since you bought both bags and the style works for you, you've got the seasons covered...DB logo covers spring & summer, the leather covers fall & winter! đź‘Ť  I like and would keep both, as I love crossbody (organizer) bags.

Respected Contributor

If I was to keep just one, I'd opt for the leather one.  It looks like it would be easier to keep clean.

Esteemed Contributor

Leather. Doesn't show dirt and that bag won't be heavy if you don't load it up.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty

@Texasmouse

@AKgirl2

Thank you for your comments.  I've decided to keep both and I like the idea of spring/fall options - I think they'll be great for traveling.  Plus, it was like getting 2 for the price of 1!

Have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Meowingkitty

@Texasmouse

@AKgirl2

Thank you for your comments.  I've decided to keep both and I like the idea of spring/fall options - I think they'll be great for traveling.  Plus, it was like getting 2 for the price of 1!

Have a great weekend!

You scored with the price @homedecor1...

Have a safe and great weekend to you and everyone!

Respected Contributor

I have several of this style.  Love it.  I like the canvas one, but i would scotch guard it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have the same logo-bag in the camel/tan color and I love it. I mostly carry it in the summer to grandsons' baseball games or shopping. It wears like iron and weighs next to nothing. I took out the extra strap so that it's a shorter shoulder bag. It's a great bag and the outer zip pocket is super....the bag holds a lot more than you'd think!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1

I didn't realize there was a extra strap to remove. I will take a look, I like a shorter length. Thank you for sharing that info, I used the bag tonite and it's perfect size!

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I own several dooney styles but these are my 1st cross body purchases. I usually carry a shoulder style dooney from ions ago (I think I bought it 30 years ago I đź’— just the right size).

Macys had a clearance and additional 25% off both these bags. I like the cloth D&B style but think the leather is nice too. Of course, I'm leaning towards keeping both because the price was so great!

My ? : How durable is the "cloth" style for everyday wear? The leather is heavy already before adding my stuff.

thank you.

image.jpeg

Keep 'em both.  The cloth holds up just fine. Keep 'em both.