Honored Contributor

looney with their prices.  A nylon bag for $293.  Also a crossbody that looks like a wallet is on special for $139 from $169.  Are you serious?  Women are buying but not me.  Cat LOL

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Is...............

Dooney gets and is stuck in a design hummer - either it's over sized 10 pound bags or skinny little things that hold next to nothing - and look silly on a 5 ft 10 inch woman.  The models just looked _____?   (and they aren't) with those thin cross body numbers.  And the price - another subject for another time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

looney with their prices.  A nylon bag for $293.  Also a crossbody that looks like a wallet is on special for $139 from $169.  Are you serious?  Women are buying but not me.  Cat LOL

@Katcat1 .... you are 100% correct ....  Dooney  is so overpriced for some of their items ..... I refuse to buy their items & make “Peter” rich 🙃

Esteemed Contributor

I started purchasing this brand when they first came out.  The prices have exploded over the past few years.  Yes, the Italian nylon is indestructible!!!!  But, the bags that I have were at a reasonable price.  Some of them are decades old and look like new.  I do love the quality, but, the prices are just too much.  Coated cotton bags, regardless of brand, and nylon bags, regardless of brand, should just not be priced that high.

Respected Contributor

always on...

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I do think .Dooney needs an infusion of design inspiration, but the prices are fine. My first Dooney in 1980 or so cost $240--pricey then but not now. Many Dooneys today remain in that range. Of my current faves, I still love my Florentine Barlow side zip bags, which were a bargain at $500, my $368 Emerson satchel, and the Italian-made Dooney Montecatini bags (around $600) which I have in black and chestnut. Those are mid-range prices in the handbag world. 

Super Contributor

It's not just Dooney.  I have never been able to understand why people would shell out their hard earned money for a name.

Valued Contributor

I happen to disagree with you all, I have several Dooney bags and they all look fabulous and new after many,  many years of hard use.  If I purchased cheep bags, I would have paid the same amount as my Dooney’s, because I would have had to buy twice as many bags and the Dooney’s look so much more gorgeous and classy than those cheep hideous ugly bags.  Sorry but I hope the truth doesn’t hurt too much.

Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

It's not just Dooney.  I have never been able to understand why people would shell out their hard earned money for a name.

People can spend their money in different ways

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Dooney bags have held up and wear like iron.   Some of the bags may be priced higher than we'd like but "value" is such an individual thing.  I would rather pay a little more for a well made, beautiful leather bag, that I enjoy using and suits my needs.   I love the look and feel of a quality bag.   The name of the bag doesn't pull me in, the quality does.   Sometimes the two go hand in hand.