Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Handbag with NFL logo

@Ibby114 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm not one to spend a lot on handbags- as I have so many already!! But the Dooney NY  Mets bags are aways calling my name. I've been a big fan since childhod, I know I'll go for it one day!! 

@Ibby114: Ditto! The only thing that has been holding me back is the price. Even at the Dooney outlet, they were only 20% off retail, which was still more than l wanted to spend. That Mets logo hobo bag continues to beckon. Maybe when they win the World Championship l'll relent. Lol.

I had a 20% bag from the Donney site in my shopping cart for days! Woman LOL Part of holding me back is I bought a great royal blue bag on clearance at hsn. My intention was to  adroni it with Mets tchotchkes (of which I have MANY!) so that would be my 'baseball' bag!!  But those Dooneys are so adorable......

Ya Gotta Believe! (well, maybe not in 2016...lol!)

@Ibby114: Their recent wildcard run has been "amazin'". They passed 4 teams in the past few weeks, to get into the first wildcard position. So, who knows?!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm not one to spend a lot on handbags- as I have so many already!! But the Dooney NY  Mets bags are aways calling my name. I've been a big fan since childhod, I know I'll go for it one day!! 

@Ibby114: Ditto! The only thing that has been holding me back is the price. Even at the Dooney outlet, they were only 20% off retail, which was still more than l wanted to spend. That Mets logo hobo bag continues to beckon. Maybe when they win the World Championship l'll relent. Lol.

I had a 20% bag from the Donney site in my shopping cart for days! Woman LOL Part of holding me back is I bought a great royal blue bag on clearance at hsn. My intention was to  adroni it with Mets tchotchkes (of which I have MANY!) so that would be my 'baseball' bag!!  But those Dooneys are so adorable......

Ya Gotta Believe! (well, maybe not in 2016...lol!)

@Ibby114: Their recent wildcard run has been "amazin'". They passed 4 teams in the past few weeks, to get into the first wildcard position. So, who knows?!

I'm at the game Friday night!! To me, postseason is always a bonus  but it's still about supporting the team during the regular season. It's a great t shirt give away besides!!

Valued Contributor

@Roni18

You might want to look at  the QVC  *Dooney AUBURN*  bags!  (Beautiful)

They have the same crossbody I recently purchased for $128.00 and other Dooney styles. 

I live in a house divided, My Dad is an Auburn Grad and my Son is a BAMA 2011 Grad!  

Roll Tide & War Eagle HEY! 

CAT

Super Contributor

I am definitely buying one, but waiting for a sale.  my team is horrible, so I should be able to get one fairly cheap, I hope.  

Trusted Contributor

My Dooney KC Chiefs Shopper is getting rave reviews when I am out in pubic!  My KC Royals Zip Zip always started conversations, and now that I've switched to the Chiefs bag the attention continues. It's fun! I don't know how many squeals and "girl, I've GOT to get me one of those I'm a XYZ fan" I've encountered. Restaurants, hospital, bank, stores -- anywhere I go with that bag I make friends and it's nice to see people smile for just a moment or two.

Took my Mom to the ER this week, and the young doctor was a Broncos fan. He joked that he might have to call in another physician because of that Chiefs fan sitting by the bed!

Valued Contributor

I got the SF Giants satchel when they first came out. Most of their bags were on backorder for MONTHS! I had tried to order my daughter one, since she loved mine, and what a wait there was. I eventually called to ask if they knew when they would be available. The rep said they had underestimated what a HIT they would be. I was surprised they didn't know ha! I also asked if they were ever going to get NFL bags, and she said it was in the "talking" stages then....and now it's here!

I agree that with all the money spent on sports jerseys and other memoribilia, why NOT get something fun - whatever brightens one's day, I say! I look at mine and grin (even just inside)...we all need that most days.

There are tons of things on the market with logos, so I don't see how that's an argument. Nike, Adidas, D & B, Coach, Gucci - the list goes on! It's just part of the world's simple pleasures, I guess, and fun to have.

I understand that not all can afford buying things that aren't an everyday use for them, but I don't think we should begrudge others for what they would like to buy.

Thanks for sharing, all!