Contributor

I selected a Dooney handbag on HSN and was checking out and the S/H came up as $13.22.  I just dropped out of the order.  Does that seem like reasonable shipping charges for a handbag?

Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl@I guess it is fair because I pay a lot of postage mailing small packages to my son.I think postage and all shipping rates are up.I would rather that they build the shipping costs into the item.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney - HSN

[ Edited ]

@buddysgirl wrote:

I selected a Dooney handbag on HSN and was checking out and the S/H came up as $13.22.  I just dropped out of the order.  Does that seem like reasonable shipping charges for a handbag?

@buddysgirl  HSN has dramatically increased their shipping charges over the last year.  A lot of us stalk Macy's for Dooney sales and free shipping deals and ILoveDooney for bargains and free shipping. For example, ILD has this wallet that I like for 60% off and free shipping on an item that was introduced Sept. 2017 so it is not ancient stock.

Continental Clutch

Respected Contributor

@buddysgirl:  This is the standard S&H charge on QVC as well.

Respected Contributor

@buddysgirl I am thinking the vendor may have input on the shipping fees and the customer will be the one who picks up the tab..I noticed that certain vendors regardless of where they sell their items charge the same fees.  I ordered from the Dooney site and the fees are almost the same unless you get a free/reduced shipping deal.  I am thinking Dooney and others will charge those fees to offset the increased shipping costs of using UPS and Fedex....who increased their shipping fees this year! 

Valued Contributor

Fans of Donney & Burke, Macy's has 30% off sale. Sales clerk was unaware of this until I informed her. When she check,she was surprised. I decided to purchase a Marc Jacobs cross body  medium, roomy Boho crossbody/shoulder bag, along with mini a  2 credit card / Driver license wallet. Unfortunately it was not on sale.But I love the design. 

Mini Wallet, and Regular wallet ,phone,holds everything you need(for me) mini umbrella

,mini flashlight,address book,etc. I also donated funds to United Way for Hurricane Michael.

Since retirement, personally I don't need to   and to  be  to be honest "stuff" to carry around, just the basic. insurance cards both medical and auto,and contact information and lotion and eyeglass wipes and the items  I listed above..Keeping it simple as always.