Respected Contributor

Dooney Daffodil Drawstring Bucket Bag Waterspots but fixed!

[ Edited ]
Word to the wise. The butterscotch leather on the bag Waterspots. I was in a sprinkle yesterday and noticed today that it is water spotted. Rewet it and then applied leather conditioner and problem is solved.
Super Contributor

Re: Dooney Daffodil Drawstring Bucket Bag Waterspots

I have had rain on mine and have had no trouble.  I have even spilled hot tea on mine and it disappeared.  So sorry yours spotted.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Daffodil Drawstring Bucket Bag Waterspots but fixed!

Don't dispair, if you do nothing at all, the vachetta leather will honey beautifully and eventually you'll no longer see it.  Sometimes if there's a little dirt in the rain, it will mark that wonderful leather.

Normally people will tell you that there's nothing much you can do (or should do), but I've cleaned up a Dooney's vachetta leather as well as Louis Vuitton's vachetta leather myself and can share that if you buy Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser and VERY CAREFULLY... VERY LIGHTLY wet a corner of one and very GENTLY start cleaning the dirt/spots, it may lighten it.  The leather will look wet (scary) but when it dries, the areas you clean may get lighter than the rest of trim (unless you do it all) but it does reduce the dirt.  It also takes away the honey color.  Good news is that eventually it will re-honey with enough light.  I've done this with my own personal LV's and one Dooney.  It helps.... but be VERY CAREFUL!  And a great leather conditioner (to help stop future spots) is Apple Conditioner and can be purchased on-line.  Good luck!  Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney Daffodil Drawstring Bucket Bag Waterspots but fixed!

Thank you Q4U! Just ordered some Apple Care. I didn't even think about the sprinkles since most of the bag is coated cotton. I am sure it wouldn't have spotted if I had wiped off the rain. Just didn't occur to me. Duh!