Honored Contributor

This may just be a me problem, but I wish DB would make their crossbodies a bit larger. The perfect size for me is at least 11" across.  I like the look of their bags, but for me they just aren't practical. I've had good luck with Vince Camuto, and Fossil, because they offer more of a variety of sizes. An inch makes a difference, and I wish Dooney would offer a bigger size selection. Anyone else agree ?👜

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Almost all Dooneys come with a long shoulder strap and have the potential of being cross body.  Just pick the size you like.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Almost all Dooneys come with a long shoulder strap and have the potential of being cross body.  Just pick the size you like.

@Kachina624 , Thanks, however I don't want handles or a regular bag rigged to be a crossbody. It's fine I purchase other bags, it's just that when I see a Dooney show I always think maybe this time. It's no big deal.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Your post is interesting to me for a different reason. My favorite D&B is the zip zip, but it's sort of heavy and a tad too big sometimes. I ordered a Michael Kors bag on Thursday from Macy's on sale (received it today) and I love the size of this satchel, but don't like the attached shoulder strap. I took it off and used a D&B strap (close color) and it's perfect. I agree with the OP. It seems that D&B is stuck in the same style and size of bags. They don't seem to offer a crossbody that's a tad larger or a satchel that is just a tad smaller.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Did you ever check ILOVEDOONEY.com? Three years ago when I retired my retirement gift to myself was a Dooney crossbody that I ordered from that site. I just measured it before I replied to you. It's 13 inch's wide and 11 inches high. No extra straps, just the crossbody strap. It's Florentine leather. It is not a knock off. It came in a Dooney box with the registration. I think a lot of items at this site are discontinued styles and colors. But who cares? Doonies are pretty much timeless. The retail price of mine was $438, got it for $179. Best purchase I ever made. I've been carrying it pretty much non stop for almost three years and it still looks great. And I do not baby my bags.

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1  Did you ever check ILOVEDOONEY.com? Three years ago when I retired my retirement gift to myself was a Dooney crossbody that I ordered from that site. I just measured it before I replied to you. It's 13 inch's wide and 11 inches high. No extra straps, just the crossbody strap. It's Florentine leather. It is not a knock off. It came in a Dooney box with the registration. I think a lot of items at this site are discontinued styles and colors. But who cares? Doonies are pretty much timeless. The retail price of mine was $438, got it for $179. Best purchase I ever made. I've been carrying it pretty much non stop for almost three years and it still looks great. And I do not baby my bags.

@NEvans2 what's the name of the D & B crossbody that's 13" x 11".  I've been looking for a larger D & B crossbody and can't find. 

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@NEvans2 , This was before my crossbody days, but I found one of my favorite bags, a drawstring bucket bags in just the color I wanted for less than half of the price anywhere else, on the I Love Dooney site. I check it regularly, but so far no luck on the larger crossbodies.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate  I have no idea what the name of the style is. I bought it three years ago and my memory isn't that good. I can tell you it's Florentine leather, has a zip pocket on the front of the bag and the strap is not leather. It's that thick fabric ( senior moment, can't think of what it's called) trimmed in leather. Wasn't sure if I would like that, but I do. The thicker strap balances the weight of the bag and it doesn't cut into your shoulder. I' ll see if I can find the receipt. If I do, I'll let you know.

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate  I have no idea what the name of the style is. I bought it three years ago and my memory isn't that good. I can tell you it's Florentine leather, has a zip pocket on the front of the bag and the strap is not leather. It's that thick fabric ( senior moment, can't think of what it's called) trimmed in leather. Wasn't sure if I would like that, but I do. The thicker strap balances the weight of the bag and it doesn't cut into your shoulder. I' ll see if I can find the receipt. If I do, I'll let you know.

Thanks, @NEvans2 for the response.

Trusted Contributor

@SunshineKate I found the receipt for the Dooney crossbody. It's called Large Crossbody Hobo. I think this is the item# BFLRN0685ZGZG. Hope this helps.