Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Collegiate handbags

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

It appears they're adding new schools. I ordered one weeks ago and have heard nothing. It was on 'backorder' from the moment it was shown as an option. I guess I'm going to have to call them to find out when and if the bag will actually be available. Dooney CS, oy, I dread having to deal with them. 

I ordered mine on August 2.  I called and Dooney CS said it should ship on Sept 4.  We'll see!

Mine supposedly shipped on Friday from California...  Great, I'm in the east. It couldn't have been from the Connecticut headquarters... Better yet, although tracking isn't what it used to be, it appears not to have moved more than a few inches since it shipped... Maybe I'll get it in time for baseball season...

Woman Tongue

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@allthatsgood wrote:

I was at the Dooney store in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and the manager let me look at the catalogue. There are lots more schools coming in the Collegiate Series, but when I can't say. I was specifically looking for Oklahoma State Cowboys, and that will be one coming out. Love the Collegiate bags.

Hi @allthatsgood ... do you happen to recall if Ohio State was one of the schools?  Thanks, Maria

Just as an aside:  Vera Bradley is doing a collegiate series.  Here is Ohio State

Triple Zip HipsterCampus Backpack

Vera 2.0

@hicindy2 ... WOW. Thanks so much hicindy!!!!

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

It appears they're adding new schools. I ordered one weeks ago and have heard nothing. It was on 'backorder' from the moment it was shown as an option. I guess I'm going to have to call them to find out when and if the bag will actually be available. Dooney CS, oy, I dread having to deal with them. 

I ordered mine on August 2.  I called and Dooney CS said it should ship on Sept 4.  We'll see!

Mine supposedly shipped on Friday from California...  Great, I'm in the east. It couldn't have been from the Connecticut headquarters... Better yet, although tracking isn't what it used to be, it appears not to have moved more than a few inches since it shipped... Maybe I'll get it in time for baseball season...

Woman Tongue

Mercy, mine STILL hasn't shipped.  However, when I called a couple of weeks ago, CS told me that there would be some new styles on October 5th.  I don't know if that means more schools or just more styles in the current list of schools.....???

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Tongue

Mercy, mine STILL hasn't shipped.  However, when I called a couple of weeks ago, CS told me that there would be some new styles on October 5th.  I don't know if that means more schools or just more styles in the current list of schools.....???

Well, if the tracking is to be believed, mine shipped in name only. It appears they delivered it to a Fedex facility somewhere in CA on Friday and it seems not to have moved since.  The EDD for an item supposedly shipped on the 4th is the 15th. Just ridiculous. I've never been a big fan of Dooney CS, but I don't think it's ever been quite this lame before. Fortunately, this bag was sort of an anomaly for me. I don't plan on ordering Dooney going forward but did like this college bag.

Contributor

That OSU Vera bag sure didn't tempt me (although it sold out the first day.)  You could buy the iron on patch and put it on any cotton bag!

I've asked about the Dooney Ohio State bags since the first collegiate collection came out.  All they will tell you is that more are coming.  I'd sure love to have one.

And incidentally, you get a more instant response from Dooney by writing a PM on their FB site!

Super Contributor

Me too. . RCJH!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

Ladies,

I am a huge Dooney fan and have been for many years. When I saw these bags, I knew I had to average one! Mine arrived this past Friday. It is going back! I love the look, but it is so cheaply made! I even understand the polished cotton. But I swear, it is NOT vachettq trim all over. I see touches of leather, but the base trim is vinyl! I have NEVER had this problem ith a Dooney. If you try to smell it or scratch it with your nail, it does not smell like leather (NO smell) and it barely shows a mark. It was a dark weathered color all over high we know is not the way vachettq darkens. I honestly think this must have been made in China or somewhere. It is inferior. I REALLY wanted this bag and it is so disappointing. I surely hope the rest of you are happy with yours. It is just too much to pay for man made products.

Honored Contributor

Actually, I'm not that much of a Dooney fan, at least not in recent years, but still think they make a reasonably nice handbag. My college bag is fine. In fact, I like it., regardless of where it, (and so many other things), was produced... For what it is, it's probably over-priced, but then most bags (and pretty much everthing else) are... For me, this is a novelty bag, one I'll plan to pull out from time to time, but not carry all the time. The bag was described as coated cotton, so I knew going in the body of the bag wasn't leather, and yet their coated cotton fabric is solid and wears well. The trim on my bag is clearly leather. Obviously, folks are having different experiences with this bag, and perhaps some of that is based on expectations.

Trusted Contributor

Stevieb

You should be a fan.  They named a bag after you - A263613  How many girls does that happen to?

Valued Contributor

I am very hopeful that mine will be cute and that I will love it.  It should arrive Thursday so we'll see.  Remember, too, college logo licensing is expensive and so we're paying for that, along with the Dooney name.  I don't care.....I want it!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!