Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if the difference between the D&B Cara and Amelie is the leather?  Cara is saffiano leather and Amelie is florentine.  Otherwise they look the same.  Does anyone have either of these.

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@rygimom   

@JavaQueen was kind enough to give some input when my neighbor was thinking about the QVC special deal 

Message 1983 

Respected Contributor
JavaQueen

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most... 

Thanks for the post..(or is that temptation?) Smiley Happy

I like this bag; I do own the larger Amelie tote and love that.different colors.   In terms of pricing, I don't think of it as a Big Deal--more like a Deal ( and that's only due to Dooney's raising of prices.). However, Cara is pretty.

Unlike its sister Amelie/Amelia, it does have a removable strap. The center compartment is great. It has these delightful spring colors in saffiano, which I like to think of as more of a spring material. I don't know how if logo lock will create a dent in the saffiano and those are hard to work out.)  

Cara

Dooney & Bourke

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Cara and Amelie

[ Edited ]

@rygimom  and @JavaQueen 

My neighbor ended up getting the blue Florentine Amelie tote at Macy's during the F &F sale at a GREAT price !! I texted her with @JavaQueen helpful info and she wanted me to tell everyone how thrilled she was. 

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Amelie Small Leather Tote

Frequent Contributor
Well that is why I was asking. I actually ordered the blue amelie from Macys and will be getting it tomorrow. But after I ordered I saw the Cara on QVC. The one I ordered is the steel blue and it is florentine. Also a really good price. Thanks for your response.
Respected Contributor

hicindy,

I'm so glad to hear! I hope your neighbor enjoys that lovely bag. Really love to see people get a good deal. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I had reserved mine at Macy's and I couldn't go get it. Just so busy with my projects and when I did go downtown, i didn't remember until I was back on the subway going home. It was purely an impulse buy. Don't order Macy's pickup items and have remorse. They give you 15 minutes.

Felt sad, but had to rethink it. The steel blue, although lovely, wouldn't work as well for me and my wardrobe. Sure it would go with denim, but I don't think of it as a casual bag and matching it with navy is a tricky thing. At the same time, Q had put on clearance my favorite style of Clarks and I chose to purchase one pair in the dark navy--goes very will with my Dooney and Coach pieces. My small Brenna and those shoes are perfect. It's like the Q planned it. It made more sense for me to get the shoes. Perhaps in the future, it might make more sense to acquire the Amelie in a more neutral color.

Because my way of thinking is this: if a "bargain"bag is unworn and sitting in your closet, it's not a bargain.

Really hope your neighbor enjoys her bag. (sniff.)

Esteemed Contributor

@JavaQueen   She does, but you have to trust your instincts. A lot of bags that found their way to donations etc. were bags that I should have had a "rethink" about.